Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 issues

J  Man

I just got my Vengeance 2000's in the mail and i have some complaints.

You can not disable mic loop back (how much the mic plays your voice back so your not yelling), i want it so i can not hear my self through the mic, it is quiet but still noticeable.

Second, there is a constant hissing in the background when ever there is any form of audio. It stops about 10 seconds after there is no audio and it really makes me annoyed.

The Logitech g930, it is similar in that it is semi wireless but has none of these issues other then it is made of cheap plastic.

My final complaint is that they are not closed i can hear almost everything around me, on the other hand, with my old g930's i could barely hear my self type on my K90.

My friend has the 1500's and i tried what he did to fix the hissing and it did not do anything.

Also may i add that it is not wireless interference, my wifi is on the complete other side of the house, i have tried with/without the dock it came with, separate usb ports on my computer and even the one built in to the K90.

And just so people don't think I'm only hating, other then these this is by far the best headset i have ever owned, extremely comfortable (although i would personally prefer leather ear cups then cloth)

Edit: Here is the driver/software info

http://i.imgur.com/MXovv.png

• Corsair Employee

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Vengeance 2000 headset.

The hiss you are describing is not normal.

May I get your complete system specifications?

Have you tried the headset on another computer to confirm the hiss is not related to your system?

Please review this post:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107217

I can confirm that it is not just my computer, i have seen other people talk about it in reviews on youtube.

If you want full system specs i can send you a speccy snapshot through a pm if you want

I got a chance to try it with my moms HP Touchsmart (Don't know the model) and i only got hissing when there was a program that made audio (internet explorer, chrome, some games, etc) then after a couple of seconds it went away after the app closed. When i get the chance i will also try it on my laptop. So do you think it could just be a driver issue or what?

• 3 weeks later...

I am also getting these issues - I'm not too bothered by them not being closed - i just turn up the volume, but everyone around me (I sit in the living room with 2 friends) can hear everything i listen to. Not very private... Not much you can do about that though!

Did you find a resolution to the Hissing and Loopback?

Sam

Hello everyone,

i got the same issue with the hissing. From the start of transmission (active or passive) like a youtube video or just the connection to a teamspeak server there is a hissing. I just found out a strange thing - the hissing does not appear with 0-2 ticks of volume (wheel of the headset). With 1-2 ticks of volume i can hear barely the sound from a music player but there is NO hissing. From the 3rd tick of volume there is the hissing. The hissing does not get louder if u raise the volume further.

Its just exhausting to sit in a teamspeak channel to talk with friends and hear the hissing the whole time. Usually i am in teamspeak over hours. Now i have to hear music to to drown the hissing. And this is also exhausting over time.

I hope this issue can be fixed. If not, i cant use the headset for normal evenings :(

I can confirm the following:

When playing a sound (e.g. skype, music, movie), there will be a slight hissing. This hissing will stop approximately 20 seconds after a sound was last played. My guess is that the headset goes into a "standby mode" when no sounds are played, and whenever a sound is played/transmitted it will go into "audio mode" in which the hissing occur.

This is especially noticable when using skype and no one is speaking. Because of background noises from other people's mics, there will always be some sound that needs to be transmitted to the headset, so you will always have to listen to the hissing, although a lot of people will probably not mind too much.

By the way, this hissing was "confirmed" / noticed by a Norwegian hardware site, hw.no. The review is linked here: http://www.hardware.no/artikler/corsair-vengeance-2000/110139/2

Loosely translated, they say:

Another little nuisance, which we noticed the first time we used the headset, was a low volume hissing sound from the headset. It was almost not noticable in a quiet room, and with a normal desktop PC booming in the background, the hissing becomes less of a nuisance. [...]

I am fairly sure this is caused by hardware choices so I don't expect any drivers to fix this.

Edit: For clarification. When not playing a sound, there is an extremely low volume hissing (not bothersome). After playing a sound the hissing becomes louder and more annoying, for about 20 seconds after audio transmission. The hissing then goes back to extremely low volume again.

Just wanted to tell you guys that I also have this problem. By the way, the guys over at hardware.no (Norwegian hardware site) also had this problem when they tested it. You better get a driverfix for this quick, or its not going to sell very well when sites testing it find this issue...

One site's poor result or impression does mean the problem is universal. I have used these for a month and I have NEVER heard this hiss you talk about.

I do hear the microphone loop back if I put the microphone against my lips and speak, but that is it.

One site's poor result or impression does mean the problem is universal.

One site? I think you missed the rest of the thread - there are five different people mentioning the same issue earlier in the thread, and now you can make that six. Since the sound is very white-noise-ish it does not really bother me at all, but I definitely notice when it cuts off after some time of silence.

As for the mic loop-back, that bothers me more (not so much when talking, but rather when I'm silent and the mic picks up my breathing). An option like on the Logitech G930 to be able to change the volume of it would be nice (I think they called it "sidetone"). Corsair mentioned in another thread that this loop-back is an inevitable feature of wireless headsets (which some manufacturers try to hide in various ways) - I cannot quite grasp the technical reason why this would be the case though.

Yes, when I say "one site," it refers to when users say, "I read this on a review site so therefore it must be a confirmed problem that you guys (at whatever manufacturer) are SIMPLY IGNORING.

Again, I do hear my own voice if I PUT THE MIC to my lips. If I leave the mic at a normal position, I hear no feedback or loopback. I do agree that the Vengeance 1500 has a feature to lower the volume of the loopback and the Vengeance 2000 does not, but I feel the problem or issue only affects those that speak too closely into the microphone. The mic is sensitive and there is no need to have it against the mouth or lips. If I rotate mine downward and speak into it, I do not hear the loopback.

So now will someone post, "Hey I read in a support forum that this guy never has this issue. So there is no loopback issue......."?

Probably not.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my Corsair Vengeance 2000 headset today and I'm experiencing this exact problem as described in the first post. A more or less constant static background noise that makes it impossible to use them for longer periods of time :(.

Only way to not hear the noise is to play music, it lowers to volume of the noise but it is still present though hard to hear because of the music volume.

I have installed the latest drivers downloaded from corsairs website.

What can i do to fix this? Are there any solutions to this?

Thanks

MrFika <-- sad panda :(

EDIT:

Okay, noticed some new stuff. If I close down my browser and all the programs that makes sound and just leave it like that --> i get no noise. But if i then start spotify or a the browser with a youtube video it makes noises, especially when the program is silent itself! When play music the noise gets lower...

Hope that may be of use..

Constant white noise from feedback loop. This is ridiculous. I'd have a headache within 10 minutes if I could stand to listen to it. It's complete ineptitude to think you can release a microphone that doesn't have the capabilities to remove all feedback, let alone one that costs upwards of $100. Your driver guy didn't even consider warm climates where people will run fans, like myself. Making the product utterly useless.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived