Corsair Community

Bad SSD Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade HELP PLEASE

levar197

Hi everyone!

I have recently bought a FORCE GT SSD. When I upgraded from 1.3.2 to 5.05 firmware, everything was OK. But I realized a great loss of performance (from 505 Mb/s to 440 Mb/s) so I decided to downgrade de firmware to 1.3.2.

Using Field Update program and the CORRECT FIRMWARE (22757) and obtaining the correct green check, I have rebooted the system and now the computer doesn't recognice the drive.

I have tried to boot from both windows and linux, but without success. However, when I press F8 to select the boot drive, the CORSAIR FORCE GT appears in many cases (not all times).

Can anyone help me, please? I really appreciate.

Downgrading the firmware isn't recommended.

Disconnect the power to the SSD for about 30 seconds and try again.

If that did not help, reflash the firmware back to 5.05 and see if things go back to normal.

Hello Toasted, and thank you very much for your answer.

The main problem is that the computer doesn't detect the drive. Neither Corsair Field Updater nor Windows itself. I've tried a usb case to make it run but the most of the cases it's impossible to make it work. So, I'm unable to upgrade de firmware.

After downgrading the drive, I rescaned the units and the program detected the drive with the right firmware (1.3.2.). But, when I rebooted the system...bye bye drive unit.

Using the usb connector or booting from hot swap bay, the system sometimes, detects the drive but, when I try to format, the system freezes.

So, I think the drive is almost dead but with a ray of hope.

If you can get the system to detect the drive in the BIOS, use a Parted Magic, do a secure erase on the drive and then use it. That will most likely restore your performance. If there is a difference between the 2 firmwares, you'll NEVER notice the difference in daily use unless you sit around transferring 200GB of files and testing with a stop watch. This is even more true in RAID.

• 5 months later...
Hello Toasted, and thank you very much for your answer.

The main problem is that the computer doesn't detect the drive. Neither Corsair Field Updater nor Windows itself. I've tried a usb case to make it run but the most of the cases it's impossible to make it work. So, I'm unable to upgrade de firmware.

After downgrading the drive, I rescaned the units and the program detected the drive with the right firmware (1.3.2.). But, when I rebooted the system...bye bye drive unit.

Using the usb connector or booting from hot swap bay, the system sometimes, detects the drive but, when I try to format, the system freezes.

So, I think the drive is almost dead but with a ray of hope.

same. i downgrade drive.. not detect in bios .. brick

• 2 years later...
Downgrading the firmware isn't recommended.

Disconnect the power to the SSD for about 30 seconds and try again.

If that did not help, re-flash the firmware back to 5.05 and see if things go back to normal.

Hello Toasted just inquiring for the steps in order to re-flash Firmware as in my previous post i ended up upgrading the firmware and believe a re-flash is necessary as the drive losses connection at random points.

Archived