Corsair Community

CUE is just terrible

borpriest

My Void Wireless makes volume stuck at 100 and the bar is always shown. Just replaced my Void Wired with this. Very disappointing that I have to waste my time like that.

My Scimitar occasionally won't boot. Been using it for a year now.

My MM800 mousepad now behaves the same as my mouse. Just purchased it.

At the very least help me fix the volume, please. I've tried 'everything' I could find on Microsoft/Corsair forums. :mad:

• Corsair Employee

Sounds like hardware issues with your system and/or the peripherals.

VOID Wireless likely has a stuck volume wheel if it's constantly showing the volume bar. You can try flashing firmware just in case though.

Scimitar/MM800 issues are likely a conflict with the USB controller in your system. Move to a different set of USB ports OR try updating/reinstalling USB drivers for your motherboard.

I recommend contacting customer support if you need further assistance.

I just have to say the same ... CUE IS JUST TERRIBLE!

i had an Update today ... and for sure somethings not working again like every F****** time with your hard'n software ...

Actually macros don't work. The actions are visible, and show all things they should do, but they do ... nothing.

I wrote it earlier, but corsair hardware is not so bad, but your software ... and for the price of the hardware ... never buying again. Next Keyboard will be Cherry! It is an insolence to your customers selling expensive things wich are not working or get updates with wich these things working no longer.

When you're not able to do things right, than sell it to someone who is able to and seek something new ...

*rlyrlyrlybeontheedge*

VOID Wireless likely has a stuck volume wheel if it's constantly showing the volume bar. You can try flashing firmware just in case though.

Scimitar/MM800 issues are likely a conflict with the USB controller in your system. Move to a different set of USB ports OR try updating/reinstalling USB drivers for your motherboard.

Thanks for the answer.

Or maybe you can tell me what version of CUE isn't so ****ed up? I doubt it's the wheel, tbh.. Because I'm trying now different versions of CUE and this time I've just reinstalled CUE 2 latest version. It's not turning volume up on boot, for example, only after some time. At first wit this version it wasn't constantly turning the volume up. Then it started again. First without the beeping at 100 and now it started beeping again. Now it's showing the bar and beeping with 2-4 seconds interval. After 10 minutes or so it stopped beeping, only the bar is flashing at 100.

If I use the button to lower the sound sometimes it goes all the way to 100, but sometimes it makes brief stops along the way.

And I have an impression that sometimes it's the mic bar, and sometimes it's the volume bar.

And the headset buttons aren't very responsive. And ALSO can't turn the headset on with this version of CUE, but I was freely able to do this with other versions.

I'm so sorry for my time. :evil:

It's not a hardware issue - it's the shameful state of your drivers/software. There are a number of threads detailing issues with your software/drivers or certain versions of your software with the hardware otherwise working fine. I have been using computers for over 25 years, and have rarely had the misfortune of needing to use software as buggy as CUE. Get your **** together and properly test your software. Hey - here's an idea, perhaps extend your testing beyond the latest bleeding edge motherboards.

• Corsair Employee
It's not a hardware issue - it's the shameful state of your drivers/software. There are a number of threads detailing issues with your software/drivers or certain versions of your software with the hardware otherwise working fine. I have been using computers for over 25 years, and have rarely had the misfortune of needing to use software as buggy as CUE. Get your **** together and properly test your software. Hey - here's an idea, perhaps extend your testing beyond the latest bleeding edge motherboards.

Your feedback has been noted. We unfortunately can't test for every system configuration, but do our best to cover current and legacy platforms. Different USB controllers interact differently with different pieces of hardware. Certain software utilities and their services (which can run even when the application is closed) can also introduce conflicts if they handle USB devices in an unexpected way.

My best recommendation is to work with our customer support team for a resolution.

Your feedback has been noted. We unfortunately can't test for every system configuration, but do our best to cover current and legacy platforms. Different USB controllers interact differently with different pieces of hardware. Certain software utilities and their services (which can run even when the application is closed) can also introduce conflicts if they handle USB devices in an unexpected way.

My best recommendation is to work with our customer support team for a resolution.

And yet I have never had these kind of problems with ANY other USB input device, somehow those manufacturers managed to sidestep these issues. Seems to point to a fundamental flaw in your testing methodology/setup. I've quite proficient when it comes to computers, I don't need somebody reading me a script from a tech support manual, I've already tried everything reasonable to remedy the problem with YOUR software, and the only thing that remedied my issue was disabling your drivers and uninstalling the CUE software, pointing to it, once again being an issue with your software. It's a shame, because I like the feel of the hardware itself, but I have rarely been so frustrated as I was when trying to work around the deficiencies in your drivers/software.

It wasn't a stuck wheel, which was a dumb suggestion anyway. Sorry.

After this tech support advice (below) I did a couple of the routines of installing/uninstalling different versions of CUE 1 and CUE 2. I think I've managed to fix it at least for now by installing CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.16.87_release and updating it to newest version.

Please try to perform the following troubleshooting steps below.

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

- Uninstall the CUE software.

Please locate your Appdata folder, and delete the 2 Corsair folders in the Local and Roaming folder.

- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

- Run CCleaner's Registry Cleaner

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall CUE.

I decided to test their latest CUE software for the hell of it, and surprise surprise, I'm still having the same issue I've had with every other version of their software since getting this keyboard back in December. I've updated my USB drivers, Windows is of course up to date, BIOS is the absolute latest, and I have had no other issues with other USB peripherals, but I cannot use my Corsair K55 keyboard and any kind of USB joystick/gamepad on the same system at the same time. It completely locks up the system UNTIL I unplug the keyboard, then the program/game querying gamepads magically springs to life. I even went so far as to buy a separate powered hub, no dice. The only thing that worked was uninstalling CUE, and disabling their custom HID drivers (uninstall won't work as they just re-install themselves) - actually, if I just uninstalled CUE and left their HID drivers in place it would still lock up. Unfortunately this means my keyboard is locked into the rainbow lighting pattern, and I lose all extra functionality of my keyboard/mouse because they couldn't be bothered to properly test their drivers/software like every other manufacturer. A workaround would be to unplug the keyboard every time I want to play a game etc. but that would put unnecessary wear on the USB plug/port, and it's ludicrous that I should have to do that. I'm confident this is an issue with their drivers/software, so getting a replacement would likely be a futile effort.

i agree cue is terible i bought my keyboard a month ago and i can not download any prifile lighting , i have wasted hours and hours of my time tryna figure this out , even called custoimer support twice with no help , i bought three corsair keyboards for me wife son and i love the keyboards but hate the software and regret my purchase

• Corsair Employee

Fair enough, this isn't a tech support forum, we'll try to help where we can, but it's always better to try our official support channels first. I'm glad you found a solution that worked for your situation.

It wasn't a stuck wheel, which was a dumb suggestion anyway. Sorry.

After this tech support advice (below) I did a couple of the routines of installing/uninstalling different versions of CUE 1 and CUE 2. I think I've managed to fix it at least for now by installing CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.16.87_release and updating it to newest version.

Please try to perform the following troubleshooting steps below.

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

- Uninstall the CUE software.

Please locate your Appdata folder, and delete the 2 Corsair folders in the Local and Roaming folder.

- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

- Run CCleaner's Registry Cleaner

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall CUE.

I realize your frustration, that being said please keep discussion civil. Some system hardware/software configs are simply unstable and can have issues. That's the nature of the beast. My suggestion would be to try this on another system to see if the issue persists, if it does, it's probably a hardware issue.

I decided to test their latest CUE software for the hell of it, and surprise surprise, I'm still having the same issue I've had with every other version of their software since getting this keyboard back in December. I've updated my USB drivers, Windows is of course up to date, BIOS is the absolute latest, and I have had no other issues with other USB peripherals, but I cannot use my Corsair K55 keyboard and any kind of USB joystick/gamepad on the same system at the same time. It completely locks up the system UNTIL I unplug the keyboard, then the program/game querying gamepads magically springs to life. I even went so far as to buy a separate powered hub, no dice. The only thing that worked was uninstalling CUE, and disabling their custom HID drivers (uninstall won't work as they just re-install themselves) - actually, if I just uninstalled CUE and left their HID drivers in place it would still lock up. Unfortunately this means my keyboard is locked into the rainbow lighting pattern, and I lose all extra functionality of my keyboard/mouse because they couldn't be bothered to properly test their drivers/software like every other manufacturer. A workaround would be to unplug the keyboard every time I want to play a game etc. but that would put unnecessary wear on the USB plug/port, and it's ludicrous that I should have to do that. I'm confident this is an issue with their drivers/software, so getting a replacement would likely be a futile effort.

RGB Share is currently down and will be put on ice until a later date as we re-work the feature. I agree that it's frustrating to have it in software and not actually work and I'll let our team know that it should be removed completely if it is not intended to be working.

i agree cue is terible i bought my keyboard a month ago and i can not download any prifile lighting , i have wasted hours and hours of my time tryna figure this out , even called custoimer support twice with no help , i bought three corsair keyboards for me wife son and i love the keyboards but hate the software and regret my purchase

-Note-

As a reminder to everyone. This is a User Forum first and NOT a tech support forum. We maintain a small presence on the forum and will help where we can, but it's always been intended that you work with our customer support team first before reaching out on here. I'm going to close this thread and will close future threads if discussion gets derailed into a mudslinging contest.

Archived