Corsair Community

custom curve

Darkom

I've had my H100i since the product was released. The original fans max out at 2600 RPM, give or take. My setup has four of them, so you can imagine the sound at full song.

With the CorsairLink software, fan speed can be controlled down to 500 RPM or so, which is barely audible. Very good if you're trying to watch a movie.

The best way to set the curve is to let the control be tied to the Hydro's water temp, which is the default. Use something like HWINFO64 to monitor the CPU's core temp. You'll want to run the CPU at 100%, pick your favorite tool to do this and saturate the CPU so it's running flat out. Make sure the fans are also on Max speed. Then make a note of the H100i temp. You need this information to calibrate and then place the markings in the custom curve menu. My 8350 overclocked to 4.8GHz will heat up to over 42C, so that's the top end of my scale. In other words, when the water temp hits 42C, I want the fans running at max speed. From there you can back it down until the lowest point is 500 RPM. Mine looks fairly steep, but it's okay because the water temp change is not instantaneous and the fan speed changes at a reasonable rate and is not helter skelter.

Good luck!

after some problems i got with the 2.7 dashboard i switched back to the old 2.4 that i was use to, now i checked the custom curve of the 2.4 and for some reason when i use it not only the fans r slower but also for some odd reason the water temp doesnt go as high as when i was in quiet mode. (or goes higher slower then in quiet mode)

http://i.imgur.com/rqzj0JH.jpg

is it save to use that setting? i dont over clock my cpu the only drawback im getting is that that water coolant temp has a slower cool down.

the custom curse im using now i never goe past 25c (remember its a fx 4100, theres something goofy with the temp reading so i add 15-20 c) on load and now on idle it says its 1 c (adding the 15-25c) so for now im not in any danger

and for some odd reason the email notification of thise forum comes in my spambox so i have to check mail carefullly ^^

I tested my cpu with prime 95 for 10m (i dont dare doing it any longer) and my water temp didnt go over the 33c so with that i think the custom curve im using (i slightly raised the rpm on all degrees) is safe to use, dont you think?

the custom curse im using now i never goe past 25c (remember its a fx 4100, theres something goofy with the temp reading so i add 15-20 c) on load and now on idle it says its 1 c (adding the 15-25c) so for now im not in any danger

and for some odd reason the email notification of thise forum comes in my spambox so i have to check mail carefullly ^^

I tested my cpu with prime 95 for 10m (i dont dare doing it any longer) and my water temp didnt go over the 33c so with that i think the custom curve im using (i slightly raised the rpm on all degrees) is safe to use, dont you think?

a 30 minute run will saturate your water temps and give a good indication of how your system is cooling.

Archived