Corsair Community

K70 Hardware lighting issue persists after 3.11.114?

Budds

Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader here. I know the 2 issues I will talk about below have been documented in the past, but am looking for confirmation if they should be fixed with new iCUE update or if it's still an issue.

1) Regarding my K70 keyboard, everything works great while iCUE is running. However, it appears the default hardware lighting option doesn't exist like it does for my H150i and Commander Pro (for all my fans). The result is when I close iCUE, the default lighting goes back to red. I am simply wanting to save a solid color of my choice, but can't get it to work. (Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX RGB Brown)

2) Regarding Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM. Slightly different issue. I can set the hardware profile so it'll stay the color I want even when iCUE isn't running, however, when the computer goes into sleep mode, the 4 DIMS stay lit up instead of turning off. I'd want it to also turn off like the rest of of the leds.

(CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 LED Desktop Memory - White)

Are these two bugs still something Corsair needs to address? If so, is it on their radar for a future release?

If someone has a fix for these issues, that would be great as I haven't been able to do anything about this and I've done a lot of research on the topic and scrounging through these forums.

Thank you!

Edited by Budds

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

For the RAM: You need to disable Software Control, then change lighting, and then switch back on. The lighting you set while Software Control is turned off will be shown during sleep.

For the keyboard: Static lighting should be able to be changed by selecting the profile, and then selecting Save Static Lighting and Performance to Device which is located right next to it.

• 6 months later...
Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader here. I know the 2 issues I will talk about below have been documented in the past, but am looking for confirmation if they should be fixed with new iCUE update or if it's still an issue.

1) Regarding my K70 keyboard, everything works great while iCUE is running. However, it appears the default hardware lighting option doesn't exist like it does for my H150i and Commander Pro (for all my fans). The result is when I close iCUE, the default lighting goes back to red. I am simply wanting to save a solid color of my choice, but can't get it to work. (Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX RGB Brown)

2) Regarding Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM. Slightly different issue. I can set the hardware profile so it'll stay the color I want even when iCUE isn't running, however, when the computer goes into sleep mode, the 4 DIMS stay lit up instead of turning off. I'd want it to also turn off like the rest of of the leds.

(CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 LED Desktop Memory - White)

Are these two bugs still something Corsair needs to address? If so, is it on their radar for a future release?

If someone has a fix for these issues, that would be great as I haven't been able to do anything about this and I've done a lot of research on the topic and scrounging through these forums.

Thank you!

I know how to solve number 1. I don't have RGB Ram, so I won't waste your time with number 2.

Solution to problem number 1

I found it out on my own after people advising me so simplistically that it made it impossible to understand what to do. I'll help ya.

Open ICUE. Go to your keyboard tab in Devices. It might already be selected. Now to the left are Profiles and to the right should be a view of your keyboard. Just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Next you're going to single left click the box with the ICUE/Corsair logo directly under the word "Profiles". It might be titled "Default". This will expand the Profile window to show you what profiles you have and as well highlight that profile. Also, it will open a second box at the bottom right titled "EDIT PROFILE (name)". Before we continue there are two different types of Profiles: Software and Hardware.

Software is ICUE. So whatever software profile you have, it'll initiated once ICUE has loaded (once your computer has booted up/signed in)

Hardware is the memory on your keyboard. It does not need ICUE to be initiated. It already has it in it's own memory saved from ICUE.

The icon for a software profile is the ICUE logo. The icon for a hardware profile is an SD chip lookin' thing (sry not professional).

Okay, so the profile window is open. Now look up back at "Profiles", look to the right and find a "+" sign. Left click it. Now the second box at the bottom right changes in two ways: the title now is "CREATE PROFILE (Profile #)" and directly below "Type".

Select Hardware Profile. Now you've created an empty hardware profile. Make sure it's selected (yellow highlight), and continue down to "Lighting Effects" and you can take it from there.

Now you have a lighting effect while your gaming and a lighting effect when turning off/turning on/sleep/or even when your computer is off (not unplugged and psu(on)->mobo->usb->keyboard memory).

I'm not a professional, so I'm sorry if this doesn't even help at all. NOT A CORSAIR EMPLOYEE.

Definitely a better explanation than one sentence or a couple words.

I'll visit back here to check up. See ya~! YIKES, this post was so long ago. Sorry. =[

Edited by Astrohammer