Corsair Community

K70 rgb rapidfire color/lightning issues

Lenoxious

Hey guys, I got the keyboard about two weeks ago, and I set the lightning to static (purple). I noticed that some keys are changing to a red-ish color from time to time, it does go back to normal however, but only when I take the keycap off and blow on it. First thing that came to my mind is that there could be some dust stuck under the caps, but I don't know. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

I just set it to solid green, nothing happened as of yet.

I should mention though that when it's on purple, it doesn't completely change to a different color, only to a darker purple/slightly red.

And I noticed that I don't even need to take the cap off, just blowing on the key fixes it, and it only happens occasionally.

On my K70 RGB, it works great with my color profile, then suddenly windows/CUE cannot find the keyboard and it goes to red LEDs, which I hate. I open CUE and it cannot find the K70 at all so I can change the color back to my preferred one. I have to pull the USBs and reinstall them to get the computer and CUE to recognize the keyboard. WTF!? As much as I paid for this it should work, shouldn't it? I have the latest software, the latest firmware, and everything is updated. Why does this keyboard lkeep vanishing from CUE, and is there anyway I can change the default color from RED? I hate RED it is too stressful.

• Corsair Employee
I just set it to solid green, nothing happened as of yet.

I should mention though that when it's on purple, it doesn't completely change to a different color, only to a darker purple/slightly red.

And I noticed that I don't even need to take the cap off, just blowing on the key fixes it, and it only happens occasionally.

Sounds like there may be something inside the switch or an issue with the LED itself. You'll want to submit a ticket through our support site as the keyboard will most likely need to be replaced.

https://support.corsair.com/

On my K70 RGB, it works great with my color profile, then suddenly windows/CUE cannot find the keyboard and it goes to red LEDs, which I hate. I open CUE and it cannot find the K70 at all so I can change the color back to my preferred one. I have to pull the USBs and reinstall them to get the computer and CUE to recognize the keyboard. WTF!? As much as I paid for this it should work, shouldn't it? I have the latest software, the latest firmware, and everything is updated. Why does this keyboard lkeep vanishing from CUE, and is there anyway I can change the default color from RED? I hate RED it is too stressful.

Sounds like the USB is losing connection with the keyboard and then reconnecting. Try going into your advanced power options, then change the USB Selective Suspend setting to disabled. Also, check with ASUS to see if there is a power save setting for your USB ports in the BIOS that can be disabled.

Nope, does not work, and when I tried the USB disable like you suggested, it could not find the keyboard at all. I had to install an old USB keytronic to get it working. This keyboard sucks. The software sucks, and Corsair's tech support sucks since I can't even log into their support site. I have tried to activate my account and it told me it was timed out, and then when I tried to do it again, it told me that the account was already taken, but would not let me log in. This is the last Corsair product I will ever purchase. I am so unhappy with both the keyboard and their alleged support. I will go with Coolermaster or Logitech since they seem to work, and work right plus they have great tech support.

Archived