Corsair Community

LED Lifespan

Xebeche

Are people finding the K90 LEDs going out before 12 months of use?

- -

I pre-ordered my K90 in May 2013. In less than a year, several LEDs were dead. Corsair replaced the keyboard appropriately, but that was only 7 months ago and the replacement keyboard now has 3 dead LEDs.

I'm sorta stuck with Corsair since I'm not going to buy a new keyboard as long as they'll replace this one for free (and I have an extended warranty for when the standard one expires). But if this is the typical lifespan of the LEDs in Corsair keyboards, I'm going to go with a different brand next time I do need to buy one.

I'm also going to leave a few messages on the various retailer forums I frequent warning people about this issue so they don't go through what I've been going through.

They die due to static electricity. The newer RGB keyboards have the L.E.D. mounted below the switch which prevents it from dying due to static electricity.

You can request an RMA again, tell them you have replaced it before and provide the previous RMA #. They usually cover shipping both ways after the first replacement.

Archived