The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2019, 10:03 AM
RodT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001834
RodT Reputation: 10

I can confirm the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming Mini-ITX motherboard is a direct drop-in in an i160. It took about 20 minutes to install, simple swap. I primarily did the swap to get ThunderBolt 3 and x2 M.2 ports. At the same time changed the boot M.2 for a 2TB Samsung 970 Evo NVME and swapped the 2TB factory drive for a 2TB Samsung SSD. I also swapped out the 600W PS for a SF750 80 Plus Platinum PS, again direct drop-in. The final change was the OEM Corsair fan for one of their 2000 RPM ML140 PRO 140mm Magnetic Levitation Fans. Very happy with the upgrade. Runs cooler and doesn't thermally throttle now.

Last edited by RodT; 04-18-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:08 AM

POST ID # = 1001896
arkitec Reputation: 10

Thank you all good people here responding to all my questions. I've been away from my desk for my work. I'm back now to catch up you guys.

Question came across that what if AIO Cooling break down before/after warranty, would I be able to purchase from Corsair? Do they only sell the AIO cooling system to the One owner?

Thank you again,

Old 04-20-2019, 05:15 PM

POST ID # = 1002037
Remorage Reputation: 10

Hi RodT, congrats on the successful swap. That was the other board I was considering as the thunderbolt 3 seems tempting. I went with the Asus mainly because I really want to change out the front IO to include usb-c and VirtualLink and the ASRock does not come with a type-c header as far as I’m aware. My swap was a bit premature as I plan to get two 1TB NVME once the new generation of Samsung drives are released and I plan to swap the fan out with the Noctua 140 once they bring their updated 120mm design to their 140mm line.

As for your question arkitec, I am sure that they would replace it if it failed within warranty and even out of warranty I find it hard to believe they will tell you that you are out of luck. Either way, I do not believe they offer the pump for sale at all, so they may require you send it in and have them service it.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:25 PM
RodT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002063

Hi Remorage,
I understand the RTX20180ti that is in the i160 has a VirtualLink header (there is a post about it on this forum), although I haven't looked myself. In the thread, one of the posters mentions all you need is a header extension to get it to work. One of these days I'll pop the side off and check myself. The 2k ML140 works surprisingly well. Not sure why Corsair didn't configure it with that fan from the factory, likely it is a bit louder at full RPM, but honestly, it's not that much louder for a significant increase in static pressure and cooling.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:36 AM

POST ID # = 1002151
Etz Reputation: 10

My observations so far:

Default BIOS settings are quite good, no problems with it running between 4,8-5.0Ghz (Voltage does not exceed 1,3v, temp does not exceed 80C), depending on load. Have not yet started to tinker with OC as pre-installed Windows on mine was "bust" and I had to reinstall it from scratch using external medium.
It actually acted really weird, could not change user profile pictures, connect to Network drives, do WU, etc, etc...

So far so good, it performs like 9900k should and better than I could ever expect, considering form factor.
Also, it looks like there is not much thermal headroom left, to do any extensive OC.

Last edited by Etz; 04-22-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:00 PM

POST ID # = 1002213
arkitec Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remorage View Post
Hi RodT, congrats on the successful swap. That was the other board I was considering as the thunderbolt 3 seems tempting. I went with the Asus mainly because I really want to change out the front IO to include usb-c and VirtualLink and the ASRock does not come with a type-c header as far as I’m aware. My swap was a bit premature as I plan to get two 1TB NVME once the new generation of Samsung drives are released and I plan to swap the fan out with the Noctua 140 once they bring their updated 120mm design to their 140mm line.

As for your question arkitec, I am sure that they would replace it if it failed within warranty and even out of warranty I find it hard to believe they will tell you that you are out of luck. Either way, I do not believe they offer the pump for sale at all, so they may require you send it in and have them service it.
Thank you again Remorage,
I'm planing on swapping all parts as soon as I receive i160. That means, I'm breaking warranty right away so I was wondering. I love the case and the way the lay out inside so I should just shut up and get it and do it right?! I've became a bit big head so much information out there.
Noctua would be a great choice and Im planing that too. I may even go with industrial one like 140mm 3000rpm. but will see...

Old 04-23-2019, 03:00 PM
pdebaum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002327
pdebaum Reputation: 10

I also replaced the stock MSI motherboard with the ASRock Z390 Phantom gaming mini-ITX/ac, and it is indeed almost a simple swap.
Be aware that the power switch cable is too short by a couple inches as the system connector is much lower on the ASRock motherboard compared to the MSI, so I had to use a short homemade extender cable.
The CPU fan header (for the single wire monitoring cable) is also at a totally different place on motherboard (on top), but there was enough slack in cable to extend it).

Also replaced the exhaust fan with a Noctua industrial (black) 2K RPM, no issue at all; almost same speed except under extreme loads, and thermals about a couple degres C lower compared to stock corsair under same load conditions.

Quite happy.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:14 PM

POST ID # = 1002371

I believe I was the one who mentioned that RodT lol. I went searching for the missing VirtualLink port when I realized the i160 didn't have it and found that it was still on the card. I haven't tested the port but I don't see why they would have put a software lock on it.

As for the fan, it seems that most the premium fans preform close enough to call them the same; so, in order to get better cooling you need to increase the fan speed and therefor noise. I'm fairly certain the only reason Corsair limited the fan speed to achieve their desired noise levels with the system. If you don't mind a noisy PC then the 3000 should be fine, otherwise 2000 will give a slight increase in airflow.

Since this is my main PC, I am holding off swapping until Noctura updates their 140mm line or another fan comes out that gives better performance/noise as even during heavy use temps are fine. Although, summer is causing temps to rise...

Congrats on the swap pdebaum, I expected that a few motherboards would just need cable extensions to make it work!

Old 04-24-2019, 02:31 AM

POST ID # = 1002393
Etz Reputation: 10

@Remorage - there is no Software lock also it uses default nVidia drivers, hence it would work.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:49 AM
Bocefuss4500's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002416
Bocefuss4500 Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Bocefuss4500

you guys are getting me pumped to do my swap ! ... I am doing a different type of swap an AMD budget swap ...I got a first gen lowest model corsair one very cheap on ebay .. got rog strix x470-i motherboard 1700x cpu, 32gb g.skill ram intel 1tb m.2 boot drive upgrade corsair fan jay's2cents mentioned and corsair sf600 watt psu also designing, 3d printing, painting, an adornment for front of case. I don't game much if at all on my pc's anymore so 1070 card is fine for now ...

Old 04-25-2019, 09:13 PM
RodT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002585

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdebaum View Post
I also replaced the stock MSI motherboard with the ASRock Z390 Phantom gaming mini-ITX/ac, and it is indeed almost a simple swap.
Be aware that the power switch cable is too short by a couple inches as the system connector is much lower on the ASRock motherboard compared to the MSI,

Quite happy.
Oh yes, i forgot to mention that. I did the same and simply soldered an extension cable to the power button.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:19 PM
RodT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remorage View Post
I believe I was the one who mentioned that RodT lol. I went searching for the missing VirtualLink port when I realized the i160 didn't have it and found that it was still on the card.
I knew I had seen that thread somewhere lol.

As well for anyone trying the MB swap, at least with the ASRock board, iQue software works perfectly. The AIO pumps are detected, the main fan is also and adjustable as before (i.e. quiet mode or full-blast performance mode), and the front LED accent light bars are addressable and configurable. Basically the only thing that would indicate the MSI board was replaced is the boot logo (oh...and it runs faster, cooler and has Thunderbolt 3).

Last edited by RodT; 04-25-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:54 PM

POST ID # = 1002694

I believe all the Corsair One iCUE settings are in the pump itself. That way if you ever have to replace a part (motherboard or otherwise) all the cooling and fan settings will stay the same. This is also why if the pump ever went out I believe you would have to send the system in and have them service it as even if you were able to replace the pump, it would no longer be recognized as the same system in iCUE.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:49 PM

POST ID # = 1003259
Kaoz Reputation: 10

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the i160 but wondering if a Corsair one with the new Ryzen is coming..?

If I pull the trigger now I would love to do the motherboard swap with the ASRock as well as a fan swap.

Which fan do you find is the best yet still is fairly quiet?

Or do I just wait for an updated version..?