Corsair Community

Use LL140 as radiatorfans on h115i?

sternix

Hello,

I wanna order the Corsair H115i and 5 LL140 fans (1x CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO(2 fans included) and 3 fans seperately).

I do understand that I have to connect the 3 fans that I want to use as casefans to the Hub, that one to the Node and that one into the motherboard. I then need to install Corsair Link to be able to control the fans and the lighting.

What I dont know yet is that on YouTube I've seen that the 2 defaultfans that come with the H115i are connected into 4-pin cables that come out of the unit on top of the CPU. If I connect my other 2 RGB fans into these cables instead of the defaultfans, will I be able to control the Lighting AND the rpm or just the rpm? Also, does the Corsair Link software conflict with the RGB software of ASRock Z370 K6?

What I want to achieve is to get all 5 fans colorsynced while 2 of them are on the radiator (different speed as the casefans I guess).

I'm sorry for spelling mistakes, english is not my main language. :)

Best Regards

Each LL series fan has 2 wires — 1 for lighting and 1 for power/speed control. The lighting wires from every fan will all go to the Node Pro. The power wire can go to any motherboard, fan controller, or whatever else you have. So using the internal fan controller for power/speed will not affect any aspect of the LL lighting. You can use the LL 140s as radiator fans with no issues. You can control both Lighting and the H115i fan/Pump/Lighting all in Link.

the H115 will only control the fan speed, not the RGB LEDs. So the fans for the radiator will be connected to both the radiator AND the RGB Fan Controller.

You will need two USB connections to the motherboard; something to keep in mind as some motherboards only have one.

Drawing929272.png?psid=1

I do have Link running on one of my systems alongside the ASRock RGB software (ASRock Z270 TaiChi) without issue. That said, on that system, there is only a cooler (H100i V2), nothing else and it's a server system so I'm not logged in and actually running Link often.

You could probably run all 3 fans from one connector with the splitter; it depends on the amperage draw on the fans. Most motherboard fan headers have a 1A limit and it looks like those fans are rated at 0.3A so you should be OK. Keep in mind that you'll only get RPM readings from 1 fan and you'll control them as 1 fan ... you won't have individual fan control.

I run 3xHD120s@0.90A on one three way splitter. That is a bit more than I normally recommend for people, but it hasn't been an issue. Since the lighting and fan power are split, I am less worried about abnormal current spikes. I also prefer this so I can operate my front intake at one speed and not tie the rear fan in with one from the front.

Archived