Corsair Community

Remove two arrow icons from corsair link 4?

Harambe

Those blue arrows are an overlay from Windows, not Link.

It's possible that the shortcut is compressed and that's what you are seeing. I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior but I would guess that if you right-click on the icon and go to "Open File Location", you'll see that the file location for the program shortcut is compressed. Try uncompressing that.

• 2 weeks later...
Those blue arrows are an overlay from Windows, not Link.

It's possible that the shortcut is compressed and that's what you are seeing. I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior but I would guess that if you right-click on the icon and go to "Open File Location", you'll see that the file location for the program shortcut is compressed. Try uncompressing that.

Its not compressed though. even the shortcut or the folder its not

Its not compressed though. even the shortcut or the folder its not

I understand that ... it does not, however, change the fact that those arrows are an overlay from Windows indicating a compressed file. Link has nothing to do with it.

For some reason, Windows seems to think that the file is compressed. Is, perhaps, C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair Link4 folder compressed? When you navigate to that folder, do you see the compressed file icons in the contents?

I understand that ... it does not, however, change the fact that those arrows are an overlay from Windows indicating a compressed file. Link has nothing to do with it.

For some reason, Windows seems to think that the file is compressed. Is, perhaps, C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair Link4 folder compressed? When you navigate to that folder, do you see the compressed file icons in the contents?

Nope only when i search it. on start menu

and the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Corsair LINK 4

Location has blue arrows

Can you right click on the folder "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Corsair LINK 4", select "Properties" ... go to "Advanced" and make sure that "Compress contents to save disk space" is unchecked?

Not compressed either.

Archived