Corsair Community

Corsair 750d loud vibration

sd_dracula

I have some very annoying vibration coming from what I believe to be a 3.5" HGST 4TB HDD which is really bad considering the case is also on top of the desk.

All parts in the case are brand new.

The PSU doesn't seem to be causing the vibration, it is a HX850i on which the fan only kicks in when the temps get high.

The HDD caddy is really flimsy so I don't know what to do to dampen that.

The whole case is shaking basically.

Going to check that later today. If it is just the two screws then I did.

The vibration seems excessive for 7200rpm HDD, feels like more like 15000rpm.

If I push in on the HDD it is not vibrating as much.

The side panel is also not very tight but that's just the way it is.

Not sure, it is brand new and it seems to be functioning as normal.

When it spins down it is no longer vibrating but I suspect being on top of the desk doesn't help.

The HDD trays are really flimsy though and easily move around in the metal cage, for the 3.5" drive at least.

I shall try the other cage, you never know.

I'm not sure the cage or case is at fault, seems to me like that is the design of the case.

The side panel (with the window) is also susceptible to vibrations because it seems like it is not 100% flush with the body of the case.

To be honest I've only had my 750D since Feb, so I haven't put the side panels on yet (still a work in progress) but there was a post on here a few days back where someone put "tape" around the edge of the case. If mine does rattle, I have a roll of door draught excluder I might try.

I have 6 drives in my 750D also. 2x 4TB WD reds, 3x 1TB WD Blacks, and a 2TB WD Black. No vibrations at all.

I have another 750D that i havent built yet. I plan to also fill it up with some Toshiba drives which are rebranded hitachis as an experiment since those drives are so damn cheap... but that may not be a good thing :). Make sure your drive is ok, I've read lots of problems with the toshiba/hitachi drives.

I had some success with moving the HDD around the drive cages to the point where that loud vibrating noise is almost gone. That was coming from the side panel.

If you touch on the bottom center of it, you can feel it flex just a little, that was the noise.

I ordered some Acousti rubber feet also just to make sure.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to necro such an old thread. But, I just started noticing that my hard drive is very loud all of a sudden. And then I realized that hard drive activity was actually vibrating my 750D in an odd way.

I hadn't noticed it over the last year or so. . . possibly for two reasons. . .

1. I just moved to a new CPU cooler which is much quieter

and/or

2. I just put in a much smaller PSU.

I think it's probably the latter, because, get this. . .

I can stop the noise by just applying some pressure to the underside of the case (as my larger PSU was likely doing).

Until I can solve the problem more elegantly, I've just folded up an old rubbery iPhone shell/case and jammed it under there (being careful not to block airflow) and now my case is quiet once again!

--H

• Corsair Employee
That sounds like a lot of vibration coming from the drive, Have you tried any of these https://www.moddiy.com/products/Anti-Vibration-Rubber-Feet-Pack-for-Computer-Case-%7B47%7D-PSU-%7B47%7D-HDD-(124-PCS).html?gclid=CjwKCAiA9rjRBRAeEiwA2SV4ZXjA23XWkUstnzLUwXQ275iHkmt45FZusn49peZMDXO4vOmMAOWQJhoCHSEQAvD_BwE?

Archived