The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2018, 06:47 AM

POST ID # = 941759
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

@JPMartinez- & Kelevra

Follow the instructions in the post below and then send the files to James;
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...2&postcount=14

Old 02-22-2018, 09:08 AM
manky's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941777
manky Reputation: 10

This morning before updating everything was fine.

After update neither my keyboard or mouse works.

Even when I unplug the Corsair keyboard and hard restart with another keyboard, the new keyboard doesn't work. Neither does the mouse.

**Update: restored to a restore point last week (not the restore point created before installing the latest CUE). Keyboard works fine but CUE did not see the KB. Uninstalled 2.23.50. Reinstalled a previous version that was still in my d/l folder (2.15.83), imported my preferred profile, and now all is well.)

FWIW...

Last edited by manky; 02-22-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:25 AM
Kelevra's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941863
Kelevra Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
@JPMartinez- & Kelevra

Follow the instructions in the post below and then send the files to James;
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...2&postcount=14
Sent the folders to Corsair James. Also, Deleting the Appdata/local/corsair and roaming/corsair does NOT solve this issue. CUE works fine with Void Pro dongle removed. crashes when dongle is in or reinserted.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:19 AM

POST ID # = 941901
Skuko Reputation: 10

Quote:
@Skuko

Does the keyboard work fine on another computer?
Try allowing Windows to install a driver via Windows update in Device Manager.
Works fine on my old crap comp with Windows 7. When I try to update the drivers it just says: "Couldn't install". Pretty weird since I have the latest version of CUE and there aren't any other drivers to install from Corsair's webpage...

Old 02-23-2018, 11:33 PM
Jmatias14's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941997
Jmatias14 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
instead of editing more, I will quote. No sound from my corsair void on Any port. Drivers fail to install.
I seem to be having a similar problem to Kelevra. I updated CUE today and my headset is no longer working. Device manager says its a driver Issue and whenever i have the Void Pro Dongle plugged in, Cue crashes. I tried repairing Cue and updating the driver to no avail. When I try to update the driver via Device Manager it says "Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time. If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit their website and check the support section for drivers."

Cue also has an error: "Corsair Utility Engine macro execution is not working properly. Please repair installation of Corsair Utility Engine." Which I have tried already (spoiler: it didn't fix it)

Any help or possible workarounds would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Technobeard; 02-24-2018 at 04:36 PM. Reason: fixed bbcode

Old 02-24-2018, 07:09 AM

POST ID # = 942038
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Skuko,

Does the keyboard work fine when CUE is uninstalled?
Tried uninstalling the keyboard from Device Manager and allowing Windows to reinstall it?

Jmathias14,

Open Device Manager and make sure Corsair Bus is under System Devices and Corsair composite virtual input device is under HID.

Tried uninstalling the headset via Device Manager then replugging the dongle?

Old 02-24-2018, 11:49 AM

POST ID # = 942059
Skuko Reputation: 10

Quote:
Skuko,

Does the keyboard work fine when CUE is uninstalled?
No. Only lights up with default color when I soft-reset it (no matter if CUE is installed or not).

Quote:
Tried uninstalling the keyboard from Device Manager and allowing Windows to reinstall it?
Yeah, doesn't work though. For some reason Windows plays the "device connected"-sound when I plug it in, but it won't update any driver (as it should do automatically).

Old 02-24-2018, 12:50 PM
Jmatias14's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942069

Toasted,

Upon checking my Device Manager there was nothing under HID
for corsair. There was also nothing under System Devices although there is an "unknown device" with a driver error (which i suspect to be related). "Corsair VOID Wireless Gaming Dongle" is showing up under "Other Devices" still with a driver error even after uninstalling and re-plugging the dongle.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:55 PM

POST ID # = 942108
Soundchazer Reputation: 10

I was also having issues with this version of CUE. I have the Strafe Keyboard, the M65 Pro Mouse and ST100 RGB headphone stand and I was at some point the drivers would crash rendering all three of them unusable.

The odd thing is resetting the computer would not solve the issue, as I would not be able to use the keyboard and mouse to log in anymore and plugging in another keyboard or mouse would not work at that point. The only way around it was to use a repair Windows image to go to the last working version of it.

I have since uninstalled it, deleted the Corsair folder and reinstalled version 2.21.67. I will keep working with it a few days longer to see if the issues persist in some capacity or not.

***EDIT***

The solution didn't work. I tried to update a driver that impacted a USB and the USBs froze again. After doing a little more digging, it is now confirmed that the latest Windows update (KB4074588), apparently didn't install some drivers while removing others, rendering USBs useless.

You can read more about it with some partial solutions from Microsoft here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ry-13-2018-upd

Last edited by Soundchazer; 02-24-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:07 AM
Jmatias14's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942133

Soundchazer,

Following the instructions on the microsoft support link fixed my problem. Hopefully that'll help anyone else with this issue.

TLDR: Blame microsoft's Feb 13 update

Old 02-25-2018, 06:11 AM

POST ID # = 942153
Soundchazer Reputation: 10

Jmatias14,

It did for me as well. I used their first option, which essentially rolls back and uninstalls the Feb 13 update.

Be mindful that if you go and check the update section in windows 10 after you roll back, it will be already saying it will be installing the Feb 13 update again, so you may want to request it to delay it as much as possible to allow microsoft to come up with a fix, otherwise it will be patching again with windows update KB4074588 from Feb 13.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:32 PM
MSDOS1.25's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942176
MSDOS1.25 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Just click on one button and draw the mouse the whole keyboard and then all keys are selected.
So you can make several static color colums.
I believe you are incorrect
I have two computers at my desk.
Both computers have STRAFE Red Keyboards with MX Silent Keys
Both computers have M65 Pro RGB Mice
Both computers have H80i V2 AIO Coolers

Computer 1
Running CUE 2.22.83
Running Corsair Link 4.9.4.28
Power Corsair AX1200
Mouse and Keyboard static color working correctly

Computer 2
Running CUE 2.23.40
Running Corsair Link 4.9.5.25
Power Corsair RM1000i
Recently added Commander pro and LL140 RGB Fan (real cool)
Mouse static color working correctly
Keyboard static color not functional after Windows 10 completes booting. Lights do go on during booting only to go dark when loading drivers is complete.
All other lighting effects operate normally

Last edited by MSDOS1.25; 02-25-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:36 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942183
c-attack Reputation: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSDOS1.25 View Post
I believe you are incorrect
I have two computers at my desk.
Both computers have STRAFE Red Keyboards with MX Silent Keys
>>>>>>
You're quoting a post that was a direct response to a video demonstrating an incorrect way to apply any color effect to the keyboard. I am not sure how this connects to your situation. If you have a red LED Strafe, then none of that is relevant to you since it's a one color keyboard.

There are other ways to screw things up. One of the more common errors is creating a keyboard profile in either Basic or Advanced Mode, then trying to using it in the opposite mode. That often causes the LEDs not to illuminate, once CUE loads and takes control apply that profile. You are going to need to provide more details and/or screen shots for people to offer specific help.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:05 PM

POST ID # = 942329
Andred Reputation: 10

CUE v.2.23.40 keeps crashing back to an older version

Old 02-26-2018, 06:43 PM
eckscapitaldee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942359
eckscapitaldee Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundchazer View Post
I was also having issues with this version of CUE. I have the Strafe Keyboard, the M65 Pro Mouse and ST100 RGB headphone stand and I was at some point the drivers would crash rendering all three of them unusable.

The odd thing is resetting the computer would not solve the issue, as I would not be able to use the keyboard and mouse to log in anymore and plugging in another keyboard or mouse would not work at that point. The only way around it was to use a repair Windows image to go to the last working version of it.

I have since uninstalled it, deleted the Corsair folder and reinstalled version 2.21.67. I will keep working with it a few days longer to see if the issues persist in some capacity or not.

***EDIT***

The solution didn't work. I tried to update a driver that impacted a USB and the USBs froze again. After doing a little more digging, it is now confirmed that the latest Windows update (KB4074588), apparently didn't install some drivers while removing others, rendering USBs useless.

You can read more about it with some partial solutions from Microsoft here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ry-13-2018-upd
Was having issues with CUE 2.23.40 crashing.

- Uninstalled CUE
- followed the first set of Microsoft's directions
- restarted my computer
- Checked if my system was rolled back to build 16299.192 or anything pre-.248
- TURNED OFF WINDOWS UPDATES (first set of instructions here https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#349fea1246f6) so that Windows won't force update
- Reinstalled CUE.

Works now. Maybe uninstalling CUE was unnecessary, but I did a system restore which seemed to mess the install up, so I took extra measures.

Thanks for the solution, Soundchazer!