Corsair Community

Removing 3.5" HDD from 100R Carbide Silent Case

akreitzer

Hey everyone,

Just finished my first ever build, feeling very proud of myself. However, a slight problem - I can only connect my HDD/SSD drives one way, otherwise I cannot close the case. I could flip the SSD around easy, but the HDDs will not budge. I have attached a photo to illustrate the issue I am having and what the HDD cage looks like.

Is there any way of getting the HDDs out and remounting them? Or am I stuck with 2 useless disks in an otherwise awesome system?

19143869_10211999063986488_7969297272120495136_o.jpg?oh=3f97b5068319c5f4bea2df3b102e9af8&oe=59E31F38

Hello there!

Squeeze the tabs on either side to pull out the drives. For the top drive, where the drive slipped off of the drive sled, just pull it out in a very careful but forceful manner. Don't touch the PCB under the drive though, try to grab it from the sides while squeezing the curved tab on the left.

Once you have your HDDs removed, flip them around and then reinsert. The drive ports are supposed to face the opposite side of this view. That will allow the connectors to fit correctly.

Archived