The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2016, 04:39 PM

POST ID # = 836342
truly Reputation: 10

I am having the same issue. I want to bind my force to move in diablo 3 to the "1" button on the schimitar, but this seemingly simple task seems to be far to complex for corsair.

My worn out Logitec G600 did this with no effort. I just simply rebound the "1" button to a random out of the way keyboard button and it would function EXACTLY like the button on the keyboard

Old 02-16-2016, 08:58 PM

POST ID # = 837506
wolf50500 Reputation: 11
Default Solution

hey found a solution for this. its more complex then it needs to be but quite simple still

what you need to do is create 2 macros for it it was pushing and holding F9

First macro
the first macro you want to just be the pushing action of the key so make a new macro click record and click F9 then click stop. you should have 3 actions on the macro window. select and delete the relase action as well as the pause action and save. a message that an action was not completed and are you sure you want to save. click yes

Second macro
repeat the process for first macro but now deltete the press key action and the pause action. save it , same error will pop up do same as before

tie them together
go back to your first macro and edit it. on the right you will see DOUBLE MACROS enable this and choose your second macro.

there really should be a simple selection for theis but i hope this work around helps. it should work the same way with multi button pusses as well just remove the release of and delay of both buttons for the first macro and for the second remove the press action and pause for both.

hope this helps

Using Corsair Utility Engine 1.15.36 with an M65 RGB mouse

Edit Read MadIce 's solution for more indepth on creating the 2 different macros, but use the double macros feature to keep the binding to one key

Last edited by wolf50500; 02-16-2016 at 09:08 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:02 AM

POST ID # = 888967
Lexian Reputation: 10

Thank you, MadIce.

Your instruction worked perfectly for me.

This really shouldn't be so hard though... It seems like an easy feature Corsair can implement.

It frustrated me even more when i purchased a M65 purely for the full customization with the RBG lights.
After buying it i realized the the CUE software had 'downgraded' nearly 3 weeks before i bought it.
Corsair got +1 strike for that, It just got another strike for not having a simple hold down macro (seeing as though the 'downgrade' to CUE was so that the interface would be more 'user friendly'), one more strike and im no longer interested in purchasing Corsair peripherals.

Last edited by Lexian; 02-19-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:35 AM
ZeeMonster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 891337
ZeeMonster Reputation: 12

Can anyone from Corsair actually address this?

Corsair and XSplit have software that basically refuse to work together. I want a push to talk key for recording s in XSplit, but XSplit requires there to be a modifier key with the push to talk key. I.e., alt, control, or shift. If I wanted to make my push to talk key alt+(whatever push to talk key I assign), Corsair software reads it as a constant repeat, and won't toggle it as a hold for ptt.

I really have no understanding as to why such a simply function as press and hold is so limited, but I have yet to find a solution for this situation.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California, U.S.A., Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Local Sheet, Local Volume, Virgo cluster, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe
POST ID # = 891705
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

Have you tried using CUE to define a macro that presses the modifier key and the desired push-to-talk key?

Old 02-18-2017, 11:16 PM
ZeeMonster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 891857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet ☄ View Post
Have you tried using CUE to define a macro that presses the modifier key and the desired push-to-talk key?
This won't work with a mouse key combined with a modifier key so far.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:53 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California, U.S.A., Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Local Sheet, Local Volume, Virgo cluster, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe
POST ID # = 892250
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄
Cool

CUE2 makes this simple. You create a macro that releases the keys, and activates on key (mouse button) release. You create a macro that presses the keys, and activates on key (mouse button) press, specifying the second action as the macro that releases the keys.

If you press a key and don't release it, then this is the same thing as holding it down (for modifier keys). For typematic keys, you would actually want to send multiple key down events, I think.
Attached Images
File Type: png M65.png (829.1 KB, 666 views)
Attached Files
File Type: cueprofile M65pro.cueprofile (236.8 KB, 72 views)

Old 02-23-2017, 08:17 PM
ZeeMonster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 892507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet ☄ View Post

CUE2 makes this simple. You create a macro that releases the keys, and activates on key (mouse button) release. You create a macro that presses the keys, and activates on key (mouse button) press, specifying the second action as the macro that releases the keys.

If you press a key and don't release it, then this is the same thing as holding it down (for modifier keys). For typematic keys, you would actually want to send multiple key down events, I think.

Ok. I missed the release of CUE2. Working on fixing this now. This has been a headache for me for a year+, so I'm excited to see if I can finally get this to square away. Thanks for the response.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:17 PM
ZeeMonster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893070

So it's not perfect, but it's "working". It's pretty much totally fine on Corsair's end now. The CUE2 update fixed a lot of headache I was having.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:25 AM

POST ID # = 944787
jamesasmithsr Reputation: 10
Default Program Button as Left Mouse Click

This is a little cumbersome although it works great.

Create a new Action – and assign to the button you want as a left mouse click.
Set Record Settings as Mouse Clicks
Click on Record twice to start and stop record
You will see two entries:
Left mouse button press
Left mouse button release
Select the (Left mouse button release) and delete the entry (the macro name may say Macro 1)

Create a new Action – and assign to a button you will not be using.
Set Record Settings as Mouse Clicks
Click on Record twice to start and stop record
You will see two entries:
Left mouse button press
Left mouse button release
Select the (Left mouse button press) and delete the entry (the macro name may say Macro 2)

Select the first action created for the left mouse button.
Click on the Advanced Settings icon
You will see the following:
Action trigger On press (checkbox) Execute uninterrupted
Action repeat No Repeat
Second action (click on the down arrow and choose the second macro created [Macro 2])

Works Perfectly as Left Mouse button, you can even use for drag and drop.

Tags
how-tos