The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2018, 07:00 PM
dbswisha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 943115
dbswisha Reputation: 10
Default Devices not displaying RGB when CUE running, but light up when CUE closed

I'm having a perplexing issue here.

I am using a ST100, MM800, K65 RGB, and Glaive mouse. I recently did a "restart" on my rig, and am downloading software again. I decided to get out the above devices, just to switch it up from the Logitech software I was running. I plug everything in, and each device is displaying some RGB effect. I download the CUE software, and when it's running, EVERY device no longer shows a color effect. As soon as I exit out of the program, the random color patterns come back. What's going on here? I've used all of these before with no issues, but now I cannot get them to work properly. Appreciate any help.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 943516
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

You likely need to set up a profile and configure lighting effects. Give that a shot and let us know if the lighting still doesn't work.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:32 PM
dbswisha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944315
dbswisha Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
You likely need to set up a profile and configure lighting effects. Give that a shot and let us know if the lighting still doesn't work.
That seemed to do the trick, thank you. Everything is working ok now, however from time to time, my K65 RGB will "freeze" on a color or whatever rgb state it was in. I go to CUE and it has a red symbol with malfunction. I have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in to get it to work. In fact it did it again just now, but I am still able to type.

Is this a problem with my hardware, or a software issue?

Old 03-11-2018, 04:58 PM

POST ID # = 944344
xMacias Reputation: 20

Check to see if your software is the latest version, you can update it in the settings page. And also on the settings page, you can check the firmware for your device and also update it to the latest one.