Corsair Community

CLCP upgrade Fan speed issue

doorknob12349

Just upgraded to the commander pro, from the commander mini. Before i was using SilverStone CPF04 Powered PWM fan splitter to control my fans on my 2 radiators without an issues.

With the Commander Pro it dosnt seem to be sensing the PWM corretly or its adjusting the speed wrong im not sure. it dose this even if i set my fan speeds to max.

Ive updated to the latest version 4.9.4.28 and applied the firmware 0.4.173.

RRqqOQb.png

Capture.PNG.5045e3c5a5ffdc4787fe58582c8eb7d5.PNG

Does anyone know if the silverstone pwm splitter is not compatible with the commander pro? Looking at it my PWM EK pump and my front fan seemed to be controlled fine (pump speed spikes a lil). i have moved the spliters to differnt ports with teh same outcome, and SIV shows the splitters are running n PWM mode.

i have a different 8 way powered splitter on its way to give that a try.

Does anyone know if the silverstone pwm splitter is not compatible with the commander pro? Looking at it my PWM EK pump and my front fan seemed to be controlled fine (pump speed spikes a lil). i have moved the spliters to differnt ports with teh same outcome, and SIV shows the splitters are running n PWM mode.

i have a different 8 way powered splitter on its way to give that a try.

I don't know for sure but can't see why not. That said, I do know that I also had similar issues (phantom, absurdly high) fan readings from a different hub - the Phanteks PWM-to-DC hub that came in my case.

I suspect spurious readings from the hub is the issue and it isn't seen by other applications due to error-correction logic.

So i Attached one of my corsair SP120 PWM Quiet Edition and i get the same results i did from the splitter. Also its max rpm supposed to be 1450, they were barley doing 1100.

Also noticed the LED on the Commander pro itself isn't lit up, unlike my commander mini it would stay green and blink orange.

Based on that i think im going to try and exchange this one.

So i Attached one of my corsair SP120 PWM Quiet Edition and i get the same results i did from the splitter. Also its max rpm supposed to be 1450, they were barley doing 1100.

Also noticed the LED on the Commander pro itself isn't lit up, unlike my commander mini it would stay green and blink orange.

Based on that i think im going to try and exchange this one.

The light isn't supposed to light up unless it's actively communicating with another device.

But the fan readings are definitely off.

The light isn't supposed to light up unless it's actively communicating with another device.

But the fan readings are definitely off.

What qualifies as communicating with it? I have technically 3 fans attached, 1 ek pump, 3 thermal probs, usb1 is going to my ax1200 psu, and another usb device. and after boot it as never on. (i have leds but they dont work with the pro, new ones haven't arrived yet.

My Commander mini, was on all the time with the active orange led going.

What qualifies as communicating with it? I have technically 3 fans attached, 1 ek pump, 3 thermal probs, usb1 is going to my ax1200 psu, and another usb device. and after boot it as never on. (i have leds but they dont work with the pro, new ones haven't arrived yet.

My Commander mini, was on all the time with the active orange led going.

I've actually seen it on with either of my working CoPro's. That's just what the Corsair folks have said ... though I've never actually seen it happen.

So the fact that the light is not on is not an problem nor is it indicative of a problem. It's a different device from the CoMini and you can't compare them.

I've actually seen it on with either of my working CoPro's. That's just what the Corsair folks have said ... though I've never actually seen it happen.

So the fact that the light is not on is not an problem nor is it indicative of a problem. It's a different device from the CoMini and you can't compare them.

ahh ok, i figure the design be a little the same since the mini and the stand alone adapter for the psu function the same. I did another test with it and it blinks at boot but thats it.

I've swapped back to my mini for now and everything works as it did. I have a new CoPro coming in hopefully its just a bad one and ill be good to go.

Thanks for your help!

Archived