Corsair Community

Cant install corsair link 4

holeymoley33

Hey guys just got a corsair commander pro to control my SP120 fans. Went downloaded corsair link 4 and every time I attempt to install it says corsair link has stopped working. I tried every version that was available to download and they all give me the same error. The Software for my corsair keyboard no longer works as well. Is this a problem with the fall creators update?

• 2 weeks later...
Did you ever find a solution for this? My Corsair Link will download the update, but when it tries to update, I get the error "Corsair Link has stopped working"

I am not running any other RGB software.

Not sure if they got the OP working.

Did you try to manually uninstall and then install the new version, rather than installing through the in-program update?

I have not because I am afraid if I do and the newer version doesn't install, I'd be stuck with 6 LED strips and 7 RGB fans with no way to control them. I guess I'll have to give it a shot. I'm working tonight, but I'll try tomorrow when I get up.

Well, even when trying to uninstall the older version, I got the "corsair link has stopped working error" So i deleted all corsair folders and fixed any registry errors with Ccleaner, but I still cannot install the past 3 Link versions. I get the same error on each attempt. Now I have 7 fans and 7 LED strips turned off with no way to turn them back on...

Well, even when trying to uninstall the older version, I got the "corsair link has stopped working error" So i deleted all corsair folders and fixed any registry errors with Ccleaner, but I still cannot install the past 3 Link versions. I get the same error on each attempt. Now I have 7 fans and 7 LED strips turned off with no way to turn them back on...

What is the error that you are getting?

When trying to update Link from inside Link itself, I get "Corsair Link has stopped working". I get the same error when trying to uninstall link and when I try updating link from update file I downloaded. I was able to do a system restore and get link back that way, but updating still fails.

"Corsair Link has stopped working"

Corsair Link has stopped working is only the title of the error.

To get the latest Corsair error in XML format.

1. Recreate the error
  2. Open a PowerShell window (as a limited user is fine)
  3. Execute the following command in the PowerShell wijndow
    ([xml](Get-WinEvent -ProviderName "Application Error" | ? {$_.Message -match 'Corsair'} | Select -First 1).ToXML()).Save([Console]::Out)

4. Copy the output
  5. Paste as a reply to this thread

One question. When it says Corsair Link has stopped working and I have to close the program, Corsair Link itself doesn't close, only the update window closes. So, will this leave an error report if only the update window is being closed and not Corsair Link as a whole? I'm asking because I tried updating to replicate the error, but the latest error log under C:\ProgramData is from the 27th and not today. You know what I mean?

Yeah, I do. It sounds like the error is in the installer.

I suggest trying the following:

1) Exit Corsair Link.

2) Uninstall the previous version (manually).

3) Install the new version ... but make sure that you have the installer for the previous version handy as well, just in case.

This is from what TenOf11 recommended:

Windows PowerShell

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> (

(Get-WinEvent -ProviderName "Application Error" | ? {$_.Message -match 'Corsair'} | Select

-First 1).ToXML()).Save([Console]::Out)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="IBM437"?>

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">1005</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-12-29T21:21:41.255726700Z" />

<EventRecordID>11337</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>NathansPC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>Corsair LINK 4</Data>

<Data>08D3E6F0</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

This is a service error from 12/27:

CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DevicesData.DeviceException: Device crashes. Device: HID\VID_1B1C&PID_1C05\6&21C82953&0&0000 Error: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: source ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: source

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DataSerialization.ByteDataSerializer.ConvertToBytes(String value)

at CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DataSerialization.ByteDataSerializer.ConvertToBytes[T](T value)

at CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.PowerSupplyUnits.PowerSupplyUnit.Accept(ISensorVisitor visitor)

at CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.HidDevicesComponent.<AcceptPsuDevice>d__41.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DevicesData.DeviceAcceptHelper.<Accept>d__0`1.MoveNext()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Client_Error under ProgramData from 12/27:

2017-12-27 23:32:48.2944 | 2 | NATHANSPC | 4.9.1.23 | App | ->

System.AggregateException: A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Connection was disconnected before invocation result was received.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

---> (Inner Exception #0) System.InvalidOperationException: Connection was disconnected before invocation result was received.<---

Yeah, I do. It sounds like the error is in the installer.

I suggest trying the following:

1) Exit Corsair Link.

2) Uninstall the previous version (manually).

3) Install the new version ... but make sure that you have the installer for the previous version handy as well, just in case.

I have tried uninstalling but it gives me the same message "Corsair Link has stopped working" but when I click the close button, again, it only closes the uninstall window and not Corsair Link itself. Very weird.

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">1005</EventID>

<Data>Corsair LINK 4</Data>

<Data>08D3E6F0</Data>

EventID Qualifier 49152 means a services could not be started.

Corsair LINK 4 is the name of the service.

08D3E6F0 is the error returned by the service.

When the Corsair LINK application is opened, it starts the Corsair LINK 4 service. When the application is closed, it stops the service. (These are not exclusive.) Without opening the application, are you able to manually start the Corsair LINK 4 service (as a limited user)? If not, do you get an error?

Sorry for the late response. I am able to start "Corsair Link4" service independently without getting an error. However, I am unable to start Corsair Link application after disabling it at startup.

In other words, if I let the Link application start when PC boots up, I can access it, but if it's disabled at startup, I can't. The only way to start Corsair Link is going into services and starting it, but I can't access Link to change settings. Double clicking Link Application does nothing and no Link icon shows up on the task bar.

Sorry for the late response. I am able to start "Corsair Link4" service independently without getting an error. However, I am unable to start Corsair Link application after disabling it at startup.

In other words, if I let the Link application start when PC boots up, I can access it, but if it's disabled at startup, I can't. The only way to start Corsair Link is going into services and starting it, but I can't access Link to change settings. Double clicking Link Application does nothing and no Link icon shows up on the task bar.

That's quite odd. It sounds to me like there is something that you are also running (perhaps at startup) that is conflicting. Are you running any other monitoring tools?

Archived