Corsair Community

Profile Change with Screensaver Activation

Hello All:

I have been able to change profiles on my K70 RGB when my screensaver turns on by linking the profile to my .scr file. The screensaver is enabled after 5 minutes of inactivity and the monitor disabled after a couple hours. After 5 minutes, the K70 profile changes from default to a wave-type profile and life is good. :biggrin: Then, when the monitor goes dark, the keyboard profile switches back to default. :sigh!:

Does anybody know how prevent the keyboard from switching back to default once the monitor is disabled? No, I don't want to set the monitor timeout to 999 hours or disable it completely. What I would really like to see is when the monitor turns off, the keyboard LEDs either go to their lowest intensity setting while staying in the screensaver profile, or turn off completely.

Anybody have an idea if this is even possible?

Thanks in advance,

-g

Hmm...ok. I was hoping for a solution that didn't involve running another background task, but will definitely check it out. I was thinking somebody would say "When the monitor is disabled, xxxxx.exe is run, so set a profile to that." But apparently it isn't that simple.

Also noticed that tonight, the keyboard was in neither profile, but everything was red except the WASD keys, etc. which were white, apparently because I locked my system before leaving for work this AM.

Thanks for the link though, I appreciate it!

• Corsair Employee
Hmm...ok. I was hoping for a solution that didn't involve running another background task, but will definitely check it out. I was thinking somebody would say "When the monitor is disabled, xxxxx.exe is run, so set a profile to that." But apparently it isn't that simple.

Also noticed that tonight, the keyboard was in neither profile, but everything was red except the WASD keys, etc. which were white, apparently because I locked my system before leaving for work this AM.

Thanks for the link though, I appreciate it!

The red and white is the default profile for the keyboard. This occurs when CUE no longer is on or detected. You can change the background color by saving it to the device memory but you won't be able to set animations during this phase without CUE active.

The red and white is the default profile for the keyboard.

Yes. I figured my computer had rebooted during the day while I was at work and since I wasn't logged in, CUE hadn't started and no profiles were running. Instead, it was the fact I had locked the system in the morning.

Still have a lot to learn about using this kb besides looking at the pretty lights!

I was able to do this by finding out the process name of the screensaver and linking that to the profile.

The screensaver was the easy part. In my case it's mystify.scr. The problem is trying to find out what triggers the monitor to go into power saving mode, unless I'm not understanding your comment.

The screensaver was the easy part. In my case it's mystify.scr. The problem is trying to find out what triggers the monitor to go into power saving mode, unless I'm not understanding your comment.

Yes, this only works UNTIL the monitor goes into sleep/power save then the keyboard goes back to default profile.

• 1 year later...
Sorry, no. That has always been my check to see if it works - going to the screen saver settings window and clicking on Preview. I've had instances where things have locked up the screen saver timer and have needed to change the timeout to something short, like a minute, to get it working again, then set it back to my normal timeout of 3 minutes. Might want to set it to a minute and see what happens. Good luck!

I'm out of my league on this, but it's acting like the actual screensaver file that's running normally is different from the filename linked in CUE. How that can be, I have no idea. Maybe someone who's more familiar with the workings of Windoze can help out. I wish you luck (and Happy Holidays!)! :biggrin:

Archived