Corsair Community

Is this noise normal?

Zeromaz

I submitted a request to exchange this out from Amazon.... however, I just wanted to double check to make sure that this noise level is abnormal.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Sm6T-gX-GjE[/ame]

I can hear this from across my livingroom. This is at idle... no programs running. I was under the impression this was a very quiet PC. I do expect a little bit of noise but this is the loudest computer I've had in probably close to 10 years. This was recorded on my Iphone SE. SPL meter reads 55 decibels over the case

So this is whats happening to my video. My screen works great on my other computer... and for some reason with the Corsair One Pro, Gsync won't bump me beyond 60 FPS. I get 100 FPS on my old computer.

[ame]https://youtu.be/aQWF_ldR5nM[/ame]

This is the noise level i'm experiencing. I hear it all the way from across the livingroom. Its the loudest computer I've had in the past 8-10 years.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Sm6T-gX-GjE[/ame]

Video Drop out: Is that an Acer X34 monitor? If so, go into the settings via the monitor control panel underneath and then the "overclock" section. Change to refresh rate to 95 Hz then back to 100 Hz and then select the reboot and apply option. Normally this is enough to stop that. I have experienced this a few times over the last year. The reboot is normally enough, but you may need to drop 95 Hz is it is not.

The general noise sounds like pump whine, but I don't really know what is in there and I am not familiar with how Corsair handles changes on the Corsair One. I suspect you have to send it all in and thus Amazon may be the better path. I would prefer Corsair answer this part. Technically this is the user forums, so you may need to submit a support ticket from the Link at the top of this page. No reason not to pursue both options.

Thank you for the advice. Yes it is an x34... I've done what you suggested, however, the screen drops out nonstop, even with rebooting. If i change my refresh rate in my nvidia settings to anything other than 60Hz, its even more sever than the video i've posted.... man, what a bummer

I don't suppose you have another Display Port cable lying around to try? Technically, all DP cables should be able to handle all resolutions and refresh rates (up to a point), but a bad cable is a bad cable. No DVI on that panel, but maybe if you have a HDMI 2.0 or better from a 4K TV you could try that and see if the cable is the culprit.

i don't have another DP cable on hand but i did plug in another monitor with an HDMI cable and it does the same thing. i'm so bummed out. c-attack, i want to thank you for helping me try to resolve this. I appreciate it very much. i'll chalk this one up as a loss and move on

You should contact corsair. I have loud noise device first time, and they replace me a new one, much better, but still noise.

I think 20db is impossible, I have sound meter, and My devices run 35db round.

You have to be careful with sound pressure data. The specified numbers from manufacturers are almost always anechoic chamber measured. Any room in your house is considerably over that noise floor with nothing in it. Still, I think the issue with this is the particular sound being made is high pitch and a rather annoying frequency. That is going to travel quite a bit. Regardless, it is not supposed to make that noise and needs to be dealt with. There is no reason to make yourself miserable enduring that kind of thing.

I did not notice anything wrong with the box. It was pristine. The way amazon had it packaged was Corsair's box, plastic bag outside of that, box outside of that (very snug fitting), and finally another box which has small horizontal movement of maybe 3 inches in either direction, but no vertical movement. No damage on any of the boxes.

I've put in for an exchange on amazon's website after calling Corsair and hearing that my quickest option was to return to amazon. If however, I receive the next one and I am having a similar issue, I'd like to exchange it directly from Corsair.

Archived