Corsair Community

corsair 350d SLI + sound card cooling Help.

eaglespeed

Hey guys

great community you have here, so about 10days ago I put together my 3rd gaming build which is a small form factor setup, coming from a full tower it was a huge change, and so some of my parts like graphic cards and sound cards remained from my previous build, I am a little concerned about my GPU temps, everything was fine until I re-installed my sound card. now when I stress the gpus especially when playing far cry 3 I get 77c fan 65% on my 1st card and 83c 70% fan on my 2nd card, I have attached a pic of my case and the air flow so you guys can see and give suggestions on whats going on, my CPU temps are ok even though its o.ced both my gpus are asus Direct CUII and in my previous switch 810 they gave around 74 and 69c but it was a full tower case with a plethora of fans and airflow. I will also attach a pic of the system when I first build it and the changes I made, I got the CPU fan downward to help relief the heat from the graphic cards.

IMAG0169.thumb.jpg.8fda6997490910af7a463255cf6776fe.jpg

307634556_IMAG0127-Copy.thumb.jpg.da6549eabeb8df51531f372858daa1e6.jpg

obviously after removing the sound card from in between the gpus my temps dropped 5c!! so now both cards hover around 76c fan 61%. I wouldn`t want to sacrifice the titanium HD for 5c temp difference. this is the price one pays for a small form factor gaming pc, the next step up would be water cooling, since I can`t place the cpu fan the other way or the hot air of the graphics will be trapped at the bottom of the case and not moved up.

Archived