Corsair Community

Looking for more in-depth knowledge

ksandfort

No problems, just want to gain some knowledge. I am using CorsairLink v3.1.5570 Software on Windows 8.1.

I have an AsRock Z97M Pro4 motherboard and the H80i water pump. Power is supplied by the AX760i.

Everything works.

I would like to learn more about the data presented by CorsairLink. Obviously, "CPU Temp" is just what it says it is, and the Hard Drive temperature is self-explanatory as well, but I would really like to dig in and find out how the software interfaces with the hardware. Obviously, the cable that connects the H80i pump to the AX760i power supply is part of the signal path, but I'm looking to dig deeper, specifically, which reported temperature maps to which sensor, where is the sensor physically located, (I realize, of course, that this is not an AsRock forum), and other things like what is the difference between "i%-4690K Temp" and "CPU Temp" and what does i5-4690K Loads mean (this is given as a percentage, so it's clearly some kind of CPU load indicator, but I would like to know more about it)?

Anyway, I'm looking for someone to provide guidance on how I might find some technical papers that provide the kinds of details not found in the user manual.

Archived