Corsair Community

1000d Cooling Advice

kenn213

I decided to do a 1000d build around the new 8086k. I ordered an H150i Pro and planned to mount it in the top of the case and didn't realize those are 140mm fan mounts until I went to mount the radiator. I've also got 8 LL RGB 120mm fans already in the front panel and one ready to be installed in the rear.

I'm thinking I can either use the H150i Pro and mount it to the front panel, or return the H150i Pro for an H115i Pro to mount on the top.

Any advice on which way to go, or maybe something I haven't thought of?

Have you considered doing a custom loop, that case is begging for it! Maybe do a dual system and use an AIO on the mini ITX, if it can reach.

In you situation, I would get the top 480/4x120mm tray to mount you rad and fans. Exhaust would be better for your gpu temps. Granted you can fit a living room in thqt case and cool the Sahara with that many fans.

Doing a custom loop is actually something I had researched a bit. I came to the realization I had no idea where to start as far as what components I really needed, what brands were reliable, etc.

It looked like the 1000d demo build was done using AlphaCool hardware, but when I looked at it on Newegg most of the products had very few reviews.

Most likely I'd start with a kit and possibly expand from there if I do go this route. Possibly something like this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADUK7AW8139

Yea that kit would be great. CPU cooling is nice, but IMHO VGA cooling is the best bang for your buck. The temps drop like in half. You could add a vid card block to that kit. You would need a few more fittings and some more tube length, but it would work. Or just start with the CPU and see how it goes. Once you do it you will see it is really pretty easy.

Thats a good point about the GPU. I generally do have issues with higher GPU temps than CPU temps. If I were to get a block for my Titan XP would I need to think about a second pump/reservoir/radiator?

Also I'm using the ROG Formula board which has a built in block for some of the on board components. If I'm going to do a custom loop it almost feels silly to not use that.

In you situation, I would get the top 480/4x120mm tray to mount you rad and fans.

Just curious, did you mean for me to swap my front and top trays, or do they sell a 120mm version of the top tray for the case?

I think I found it? This: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-4x-120mm-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900177

Just curious, did you mean for me to swap my front and top trays, or do they sell a 120mm version of the top tray for the case?

I think I found it? This: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-4x-120mm-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900177

The case is able to take 4x120mm rads/fans. 2xTop and 2xfront. I can't say off hand if the trays are identical for the top and bottom, though it would be a good idea to try it out.

That looks like it.

Ahh okay. The one I linked will let me put a single 4x120 rad in the top. I do think the front and top trays are interchangeable, so I could do 2x4x120 in the top too, but I don't think I need quite that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived