Corsair Community

Corsair Scimitar - The Top Buttons

Rabbia

I am posting this here as it seems as though it is primarily software related, but okay, I'm not sure.

I have to say, with respect, that in my experience this CUE/ICUE software leaves a great deal to be desired. It's just not intuitive by any reasonable standard and what I am looking for in an MMO Mouse for example is pretty much plug and play functionality out of the box, and for ALL keys to be no fuss to bind as I wish. The build of the mouse looks/feels good, and I"m a huge fan of the K95 Keyboard, for example, but this software is remarkably clunky, to a point I could not believe you aren't aware of considerable user feedback to the above effect already.

Anyway look, after checking out some tutorials I had no difficulty binding the 12 side keys. But the top ones only seem to scroll DPI up and down, which I am NOT happy with at all. I want to set DPI then forget about it, and to use those keys as like BT4 and BT5 -for use on abilities in WoW.

So how do I do this? I have spent HOURS already, which I'm not happy about, frankly. I don't want to be bothered by DPI concerns at all after making my choice, I do not want to be at risk of accidentally changing those settings, and I also need those buttons for other purposes. Really, I don't understand, how designers could not appreciate that kind of thing is significantly more important to many potential users, than DPI switching, or light settings or whatnot.

I would really appreciate help on this, as I just started (trying) to use this mouse today as I think I might like it, this issue aside, and I had the notion that I'd be fleshing out the Corsair package, going forward. If it turns out the top buttons can't be used as I'd like, that is a dealbreaker for me.

You totally should be able to remap these?

I just set an action on the left and then click the mouse top buttons to bind it.

The pro model calls them something different. Once they are overridden, no worries they do not affect DPI. Maybe it does not seem like it is taking when you click?

Archived