Corsair Community

Asus M3a32-mvp deluxe/wifi running 8gb problems.

Japenz

Hi there,

I've just purchased an additional 4g memory making 8gb total. (2x2gb Corsair Dominator + 2x2gb xms2 both sets run 800 at 1.8v with the same timings.) for my Asus M3a32-mvp deluxe/wifi motherboard.

I can get the memory to run at 800 with any 3 of sticks in any of the dimms, running 6gb is no problem at all.

Each of the sticks has passed a memtest and they can all boot the system independently.

However getting all 8gb to even post is proving near impossible, it has posted twice and been fine once posted but will not reboot.

I have tried dropping to 667, 533 and 400 without success, i've increased nb voltage to 1.4 and 1.5, drr voltage from 1.8 to 1.9, 2.0 and 2.1.

I've put in the mem clocks to specs in dct 0, dct 1 and both.

I've disabled autoexpress and ganged mode (tried both unganged and ganged).

I've cleared the cmos (including switching the jumper position and removing battery) more times than I care to remember :S

It's really frustrating... so I was wondering if there's something I'm missing, or if you have a recommended setup i can try that will hopefully get things running smoothly.

I tried the settings here http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=78477 but didn't want to change the southbridge voltage or mess with the cpu.

Any advice you can provide would be gratefully received.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards

JP

Hi Synthohol,

Thanks for the fast reply, I realise it's not a setup that is tested or supported but figured I'd give it a go :)

I hoped that as they are all happy to work with each other in a 4 or 6gb set up that would mean they're able to function together at 8gb if I can set other options correctly but maybe this isn't the case?

Interesting to read I don't need to alter the DDR voltage to get standard rates, it's something recommended in everything I've so far stumbled on.

If there is anything you think might be worth trying? I'd be grateful for the help, either way thanks for the reply.

JP

you can try one old + one new in each channel, reset bios to defaults and see if it boots.

resetting the bios is important, dont skip that step.

then try 1 new and 1 old, play slot swapping to see if anything gets you in the ballpark of stability. you may also try ddr667 speed with the above orientations.

good luck.

Archived