Corsair Community

Configuration / Wiring Question H150i in Push/Pull

Process

So, I have a 570X case, and my Corsair H150i (so excited) arrives tomorrow. I am currently running 3x LL120s up front, 2 attached to my H100i v2, and 2 LL140's up top, and a LL120 in the back exhaust.

I have a commander pro, a lightning node pro, and the rgb hub

All six fans are plugged into the commander pro, and all six are also plugged into the rgb hub. I also four RGB strips plugged into the lightning node pro.

My question is, I plan to go push/pull with the H150i, so adding 3 more LL120's. I have a feeling, I am definitely going to need another RGB hub, which comes with the three LL120's, but I am out of fan headers, I guess I could use some on the mobo, but I have a good cable management system going, and would rather not.

Will I need another commander pro? Can they daisy chain is so? So essentially I'll have this:

7x LL120, 2x LL140

Lighting Strip

Well ...

Considering that the PRO line is SATA powered, you may well be able to just use splitters on the cables coming from the cooler. You will have far more amperage available than when they were powered from a fan header.

There's also the possiblity of using splitters with the existing Commander Pro (CoPro). You have a 1.0A limit per header and a 4.5A limit for the entire unit.

If you do want to daisy chain the CoPros, that shouldn't be a problem. I've not tried it, personally, but I think that @Zotty has.

I can say that the H115i PRO does come with the screws needed for push/pull; I would imagine the same is true for the H150i PRO, which is nice.

hi guys...

What you are discribing is my current system and my future system when i get my H150i.. but i use HD's on the inside due to LL only having the loop on the intake side.

I plan to put splitters on the H150i

here is how its set up currently...

QaJwdUKh.jpg

note cable management for usb headers ;)

Bz32H1gh.jpg

Sata and mobo usb connections not shown...

have added another node pro and 8 strips for behind my monitor and under desk since the above diagram was made...

M5ei1EVh.png

You bring up a good point about the LL's and no interior lighting... if I went with HD's, my OCD would still drive me nuts. I wish Corsair would put a reverse switch on those fans :D

@Zotty, what direction is that fan pointing on your psu? I assume it's pulling.

You bring up a good point about the LL's and no interior lighting... if I went with HD's, my OCD would still drive me nuts. I wish Corsair would put a reverse switch on those fans :D

@Zotty, what direction is that fan pointing on your psu? I assume it's pulling.

yeah dragging air down but its awaiting the h150i ;;): , although.... I do have plans to put a hd120 in my PSU though lol ;;):

funny you should mention the switch lol.. when LL's first came out I called for an exhaust version! just makes sense to me to have one for us push/pullers.. and indeed anyone that mounts their rad up top with fans below it..

Hi All,

I actually installing the same thing but with a H115i V2, and Push/Pull configuration. I currently will have the corsair USB from the H115i to the ComPro then the ComPro to the Mobo.

The push fan are connected to the H115i V2 splitter which connected the CPU_Header.

Can i ask why you could or couldn't connect the Pull fans to the CPU_OPT. so all 4 fans for the H115i V2 run at 100%? Or run 2 splitters from the corsair pumps to run all 4 fans off the CPU_Header and run according to the AIO pump demand?

Zotty I love the diagram, that diagram is worth so much, going to help me tomorrow so much.

i am running 8 fans, 1 commander pro, 1 lighting node, 4 RGB strips and 2 RGB Fan Hub.

That is the only thing holding me up

Hi All,

I actually installing the same thing but with a H115i V2, and Push/Pull configuration. I currently will have the corsair USB from the H115i to the ComPro then the ComPro to the Mobo.

The push fan are connected to the H115i V2 splitter which connected the CPU_Header.

Can i ask why you could or couldn't connect the Pull fans to the CPU_OPT. so all 4 fans for the H115i V2 run at 100%? Or run 2 splitters from the corsair pumps to run all 4 fans off the CPU_Header and run according to the AIO pump demand?

You don't need the fans running at 100% all the time ... and it's noisy. Running splitters from the AIO pump when that pump is powered by the CPU_FAN header *only* is a problem ... the CPU_FAN header will typically supply a max of 1A ... and 4 fans will usually exceed that. Plus the pump. And, as Zotty has the H100iV2, which is powered from the fan header, he very wisely put one set of his fans on the Commander Pro. With a SATA powered pump, however, you may be able to do it; certainly the SATA connection will deliver enough current (3x 12V pins, 1.5A each) but it will depend on how they have the power actually wired and running from the SATA connection. I don't have a clear answer on that yet. The safe bet is to run one set (push or pull) from the cooler and one set from the Commander Pro ... at least until we get a definitive answer from Corsair. And, for the set running from the Commander Pro, base the fan speed on the radiator exhaust temperature. Now ... that curve will max out pretty low but that will give you a pretty good relationship to the cooler temperature. Example: right now, my cooler temp is at 31.3 and my radiator exhaust is at 31.6, while the radiator intake is at 30.

Zotty I love the diagram, that diagram is worth so much, going to help me tomorrow so much.

Yeah, his diagrams helped me a bunch too. They are awesome.

i am running 8 fans, 1 commander pro, 1 lighting node, 4 RGB strips and 2 RGB Fan Hub.

That is the only thing holding me up

Awesome! Are you gonna share pictures when its done?

In my system, I currently have them:

1) Just above the GPU, a little below the CPU. I call this "Mid Case"

2) At the bottom of the motherboard. I call this "Lower Case"

3) Radiator Intake

4) Radiator Exhaust

With a liquid cooled system, I've found that the temp that I need to manage most closely is the "Mid Case" temperature, especially while gaming. I've also found that a good rear exhaust fan is key to this. When I finally get some extra fans to do push/pull with my new H115i Pro, I'll re-evaluate as I suspect the extra fans pushing will help with the airflow over the "Mid Case" area - fans are currently in pull mode so the intake isn't really directed but more diffused ... that's my current hypothesis anyway.

And ... test the system, particularly under a full combined load (GPU and CPU). With the CoPro, you can tweak fan speeds and get pretty quick feedback on good or bad.

One more thing the 3 button on the front I/O panel and the 3 button controller in the case become obsolete correct, actuallly I can remove the one inside the case ?

Oh, yes.

Well ... you could still use them instead of the CoPro/NoPro but why handcuff your RGB like that?

You don't need them. Any of them. You can use them instead of the CoPro or NoPro but why do that? You can better RGB control and functionality without them by using the CoPro and NoPro. And it's either-or ... you either use the CoPro/NoPro OR you use the switches. So take the path that gives you the most control, flexibility and joy in RGB.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

Thanks but I don’t see you anything,

I tell you I am at this about 8 hours and still not done but on the tail end just mounting the CoPro, wiring management was brutal with the additional 100 wires hahaha

I eliminated the 3 button switch

Someone did mention this was gonna be a pain but didn’t imagine to be this big

Pics be here soon

Archived