Corsair Community

H150i - Replace ML120s?

DoubleP

Thanks. I'll give that a try. It's too bad that the stock fans are not RGB.

Yeah ... but I do understand why they aren't. Not everyone wants RGB and even those that do, they all have different preferences (ML vs LL vs HD) and it'd be impossible to please everyone. Plus it'd increase the price and certainly Corsair had a definite price point in mind for the radiators.

I will say, the stock fans are quite nice, even if they are touch plain. Very, very quiet, which is a welcome change from the previous generation's stock fans.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. It's too bad that the stock fans are not RGB.

Indeed... My plan is to have LL on the outside and HD on the inside on my H150i (when I order it). been running this way for awhile now on my H100i v2. (the hd fan on my psu shroud is waiting for that position to open up lol)

gPGXI9Bh.jpg

here is how it is wired up

QaJwdUKh.jpg

Just got my H150i I will be putting my ML RGB on the front of the case and the fans that come with the cooler on the other side of it so I can try push pull,that don't work ill get another 3 MLs :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/clone38/IMG_0207_zpsmqquyp7p.jpg

Just got my H150i I will be putting my ML RGB on the front of the case and the fans that come with the cooler on the other side of it so I can try push pull,that don't work ill get another 3 MLs :)

[/img]

That'll work. The stock MLs have the exact same specs as the ML-RGB fans.

Evening chaps, sorry if i sound like a nutter, but i fancy this cooler for my next build and do you have to have the same fans on everything if using the commander pro and the lighting hub, so for example the rad comes with ML basic fans, i would like to change these to the ML RGB ones(does it even have to be ML fans) and say the rest of the case use the corsair LL RGB, does it matter with the controller or would i have to use a commander pro for each set of type of fans as they are different.

Evening chaps, sorry if i sound like a nutter, but i fancy this cooler for my next build and do you have to have the same fans on everything if using the commander pro and the lighting hub, so for example the rad comes with ML basic fans, i would like to change these to the ML RGB ones(does it even have to be ML fans) and say the rest of the case use the corsair LL RGB, does it matter with the controller or would i have to use a commander pro for each set of type of fans as they are different.

You would need to have a separate RGB Fan Hub for each type of fan. Each Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) and Commander Pro (CoPro) can control 2 RGB Fan hubs (1 on each RGB Channel).

The multipacks of both the ML fans and the LL fans come with both an RGB Fan hub and a NoPro.

Indeed... My plan is to have LL on the outside and HD on the inside on my H150i (when I order it). been running this way for awhile now on my H100i v2. (the hd fan on my psu shroud is waiting for that position to open up lol)

here is how it is wired up

Thanks for the wiring diagram. Super helpful!

• 5 months later...
Ok fellas since the Obsidian 500D SE is now on pre order i have decided to go the full corsair hog with the setup, comes with 3x LL fans so will add two LL 140mm to the 280 H115i PRO, then a 120mm LL to the rear, already have a 860i psu and last want to add the corsair lighting strips, can someone draw me the lay out on what configuration i need to set these all so are all in sync when playing about the with the lighting patterns. thanks.

Ok fellas since the Obsidian 500D SE is now on pre order i have decided to go the full corsair hog with the setup, comes with 3x LL fans so will add two LL 140mm to the 280 H115i PRO, then a 120mm LL to the rear, already have a 860i psu and last want to add the corsair lighting strips, can someone draw me the lay out on what configuration i need to set these all so are all in sync when playing about the with the lighting patterns. thanks.

should pretty much cover what you need to know.. although in iCue you can now have 6 Led Lighting Strips :)

XSDWsnel.png

Check out the diagrams on the RGB FAQ below. There's something very similar that you can use as a guide.

Agree'd....

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Archived