Corsair Community

HS70 problem with discord

Max_97

Hi guys,

It seems that my headphones have some problem with discord. My friends told me my mic sucks a lot, i listened to their registrations and it's true; i tried this with discord and the origin's vocal chat, same problem. It's weird 'cause if i listen my mic with icue or an internal rec it's all right. So, what i can do?

Thanks for any response!

• Corsair Employee

Try going into your Discord settings and adjust your input levels to be lower, and make sure the HS70 is selected as your default. Also double check under the Advanced tab of your Windows Recording Devices, the HS is set to "1 channel, 16 bit, 44000 Hz".

Did you recently switch to the HS70 from a different headset?

• 4 weeks later...

I am completely unable to use my HS70 with discord as well, though I seem to have a different issue. I've honestly been having a lot of problems with this product. Here's a transcript of a ticket I submitted that as of yet has received no response from Corsair:

Status of Ticket #798743

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Ticket Subject

HS70 Wireless Gaming Headset Issues

Contact Email

heybrian007@gmail.com

Phone

PRODUCT INFORMATION

Part Number

CA-9011178-NA

ADDRESS

Street

2517 E Skelly Dr

City

Tulsa

State/Province

OK

Postal Code

Country

United States

UPDATE TICKET

A valid proof of purchase is required for a warranty claim. Please attach a proof of purchase document (e.g. receipt or invoice) as a photo, screenshot, or PDF. This will enable us to approve your RMA as quickly as possible. Feel free to add any other documents that may help in the troubleshooting process.

Note

TICKET INFORMATION

Customer (BRIAN BOND) via channel 'Service Web' 10/30/2018 03:38 PM

Having had no response to my ticket submission and thus no idea how much longer this support process may take, I am electing to return my HS70 headset to the Best Buy from which I purchased it a week ago. I have been thoroughly disappointed by both the multitude of issues I have encountered in attempting to use the HS70 headset and by the egregious lack of technical support despite my waiting more than double the time I was informed I would have to wait to receive a response from the manufacturer. This incident has lowered my opinion of Corsair and their product lines, which has hitherto been my most trusted brand for gaming peripherals, and I will feel the need to more thoroughly research Corsair products individually before deigning to purchase them in the future.

Customer (BRIAN BOND) via channel 'Service Web' 10/29/2018 01:11 PM

Hello,

It's been longer than the two business days time in which I was told I would be contacted regarding my issue. I have already had to go too long without a proper gaming headset, so I am updating to request an urgent response. If I am not contacted by the end of the business day tomorrow, I plan on returning my product and purchasing from another brand.

Thanks,

Brian

Customer (BRIAN BOND) via channel 'Service Web' 10/25/2018 05:16 PM

Actually, even after unplugging my speaker, attempting to connect to a discord voice channel is removing my HS70 wireless headset from my devices. It was working last night, however, albeit it was very clunky, repeatedly disappearing and reappearing before functioning normally.

Customer (BRIAN BOND) via channel 'Service Web' 10/25/2018 05:14 PM

Additionally, I have found that the headset disappears from my devices if I join a discord channel and I have any other audio output (speaker/TV/etc.) connected to my PC.

Rule Response 10/24/2018 04:39 PM

Hello BRIAN,

Corsair has received your request. Your ticket # is 798743. A Corsair Representative will respond within 2 business days.

NOTE: Your ticket will be closed within 21 days of inactivity, please kindly check your ticket regularly for updates.

Please do not reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing Corsair.

http://www.corsair.com

https://www.facebook.com/Corsair

Customer (BRIAN BOND) via channel 'Service Web' 10/24/2018 04:39 PM

Hi,

I use Corsair for all of my other peripherals, so I recently decided to purchase the HS70 headset from Best Buy and I really like it for its essential performance--the sound quality, the noise-blocking faux-leather pads, the surround sound, and the wireless connection are all features I really do not want to have to do without. However, I have encountered a number of seemingly irresolvable issues with the headset that I have spent upwards of ~8 hours troubleshooting to no avail, and I am disappointed to say that it is beginning to look like I will have to return the product. If you can help me, my issues and attempts to resolve them are as follows:

1. Upon plugging in the wireless adapter (with headset fully charged) connection was established almost immediately and headset seemed to work as intended. However, within moments and without prompting, my computer began switching sound outputs back and forth rapidly and at random between the headset and my second monitor, a television set connected by a j5create usb 3.0 to hdmi multi-monitor adapter with an HDMI to HDMI cable. This soon caused the computer to crash (frozen screen, no response from inputs/interrupts). Restarting the machine resulted in a blue screen ""IRQL_not_less_or_equal" error, and a subsequent restart booted the computer normally, but the output switching/crashing reoccured when attempting to assign the headset as a default sound device, and every subsequent attempt to restart the computer resulted in the same blue screen, regardless of whether or not the computer had crashed previous to the restart. I attempted to resolve this initial problem by:

• reinstalling all pertinent (and perhaps many inpertinent) drivers for my sound card and all other audio devices.

• running windows memory diagnostic (to address IRQL_not_less_or_equal)

• uninstalling all other sound devices/drivers (including the television)

• Clean installing windows (Windows 10 recovery option to delete all apps/drivers/programs, resintall the OS, but keep personal files.)

• disabling and unplugging all sound devices/drivers, including the television, and then putting them back in/reinstalling them one by one to test for conflicts.

2. I found through the last method that the headset could function normally when plugged in without any of my other peripherals. It immediately began recreating the issue when I plugged in the j5create adapter along with the television set. I assumed the driver adapter was conflicting with the driver for the headset, so I went and purchased a DVI to DVI cable to free up my PC's one HDMI port, allowing me to plug in the TV and monitor without the adapter. However, the problem still persisted as described before even though the monitor was now connected to the computer via an HDMI to HDMI cable, and using DVI to HDMI did not solve the issue either, although notably, the "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" blue screen no longer appeared on boot up following non-crash related restarts. This led me to conclude that I simply could not use a second monitor, or at least one with native sound, in conjunction with my HS70 headset. I did another clean install of windows to reset my sound card driver and simply resolved not to use my second monitor, which leads me to my third problem:

3. The headset functioned normally without having plugged in a second monitor and I was able to play minecraft for a while and communicate with a friend over discord the entire time without issue. However, upon disconnecting the from discord voice channel, my headset stopped transmitting sounds from my computer and, upon inspection, did not show up as listed in either my sound settings or device manager. This problem does not persist on restart.

I have not attempted to replicate the third issue any more, as it is starting to feel like troubleshooting this product is a lost cause--I have already googled everything I can think of and have sunk over 8 hours into trying to make this headset usable, even if it meant losing the utility of a second monitor. I even attempted reinstalling the device driver by downloading it directly from the Corsair website, to no avail. Have you received any reports like this one, and is there a good fix I can use to resolve my issues? If possible, I would really like to be able to use the full functionality of the HS70 headset along with my second monitor, although I would understand if this isn't possible given the limitations of my hardware. Here's a link to my motherboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-970A-D3P-rev-2x#ov

Thank you for your time; I know I wrote a bit of a novel.

Brian

Archived