Corsair Community

Use FN-Key as Modifier for Hotkeys

Makro

Hello there !!!

I'm using the RGB Strafe Keyboard and i just wanted to tell Corsair that i'm dissapointed of the driver software "CorsairHID" because it's not possible to use the fn key as a modifier for hotkeys.

Dear Corsair, can't you add a dialog to the software which let's us define hotkeys (for e.g. FN-Key + F1) to run makros. It's nice to have that makro recorder in the software but without a modifier key this is pretty useless.

I think we paid all a lot of money for our device and i think we deserve a proper Hotkey implementation....

What do other users think of it?

Thank you! ::pirate::

It's one of the reasons I bought a Corsair, is that I read that the "macro software was sooo much better than the CMStorm TriggerZ software".

It is. Much nicer to record, and playback.

BUT - I don't game as much as I work, and was hoping to assing FN-macro keys to my keyboard to speed my daily routines. I can't assign FN-S to "Salutation text"? REALLY? I sincerely hope I'm just overlooking a "key modifier" feature.

It's one of the reasons I bought a Corsair, is that I read that the "macro software was sooo much better than the CMStorm TriggerZ software".

It is. Much nicer to record, and playback.

BUT - I don't game as much as I work, and was hoping to assing FN-macro keys to my keyboard to speed my daily routines. I can't assign FN-S to "Salutation text"? REALLY? I sincerely hope I'm just overlooking a "key modifier" feature.

You can setup the FN button to act as a mode switch (while the key is pressed), after that assign all the macros you want to the keys in the other mode you switch to.

Doing so however removes the default FN function of the button, to retain it together with the mode switch action follow this tutorial: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=141231 - It is a bit of a hack/workaround but it works.

• 2 months later...

Doing so however removes the default FN function of the button, to retain it together with the mode switch action follow this tutorial: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=141231 - It is a bit of a hack/workaround but it works.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to block off some time to try this, but it sounds like a feature that really shouldn't have to be a hack/workaround to enable.

• 2 years later...

Archived