Corsair Community

So some of my keycaps got deformed (melted, bent, etc.) during drying after cleaning my k95 plat keyboard...

I started a ticket (I'm all over the place with this cause I'm so frustrated) with a question if I could get some spare/replacement keycaps cause they aren't sold in my country. :[pouts:

In case it won't be possible to get replacements will it void my warranty if I buy the Corsair Gaming PBT Double-shot keycap set from amazon (from Corsair) and replace the old ones???

Can't help with the first, but there probably is a solution. As for replacing the key caps with the Corsair double shot PBT set, no it will not void the warrant unless you put them on with sledgehammer. It's not a material change that would lead to damage to the product. If you did have a warranty claim, you would most certainly want to take them all off and put the old back on before sending it in. However,m be aware the double shot PBT will substantially reduce the amount of light that comes through the key. It dulls the colors quite a bit. It is livable for colors, but I find it hard to take with white. On the other hand, if you think your board is too bright and are always turning down the brightness, then this may be a welcome change. Also note there are no key replacement in the PBT set for the G-keys.

Thank you for the reply. What I meant was if I need to have a non-deformed OEM set of keycaps for a warranty claim later on? That will decide if I will have to get the OEM set or if I can just get the PBT Double-shots in case Corsair won't be able to send spare keycaps (I don't have money for both sadly since I have to get them from abroad). There are about 8 keycaps that got damaged...

As for the ticket if anyone from Corsair could reply to this that would be great :)

I can't answer whether or not Corsair would require you to have a fully intact original set of key caps. Obviously that could not be the basis of the warranty claim, but when we get into this stuff the ultimate answer is often jurisdiction dependent and I cannot comment on your local warranty laws. There is a lot of variation between countries.

• 1 month later...

Archived