Corsair Community

SSD Toolbox stops mid cycle

J Willis

Trying to clone 160G of data on a 1 T HDD to 240G Force LE SSD, using Corsair SSD Toolbox. Have made 3 unsuccessful attempts. The process is taking so much time that I can't sit at the computer babysitting. At some point, between 1.5 and 2.5 hours into the cloning, the system simply stops, and the program closes. There are no messages, no indication as to the problem.

Windows 10

HP Z200

It's not the software, did a clean download after the failed second attempt.

Anyone have an explanation? What do I try next?

DELL Optiplex 990

Windows 10

Am trying to clone 140GB of data from 500GB HDD to 240GB ForceLE. I just can not figure out how to get this done and be left with a 240GB SSD that has 140GB of data AND 80GB of usable space. I always wind up with this, in this order ....

840 MB recovery volume

140 GB data volume

80 MB some misc system volume (perplexing as to what this is)

79 GB unused space, new volume

My attempts to consolidate the 140GB volume with the 79 GB unused volume are never successful. The problem is that these two volumes are not contiguous. So, my 240GB Corsaire SSD winds up as a FULL 140GB SSD with no other space.

Obviously, I am doing something wrong in the use of the cloning software. But, for the life of me, I can't figure out what to do differently.

Is manual intervention necessary when cloning drives of different size? Is that the problem? Even if I am moving 140 GB of data do I have to manually calculate and enter a value of space to use on the destination drive. Surely this software is smart enough to handle this issue automatically?

Help.

FYI - I am experiencing problems trying to use ToolBox in Windows 10. It simply stops, mid-cycle, and shuts down. No messages, no indication as to the nature of the problem.

FYI - The ticket submission process is very confusing. At the end, you are forced into indicating which type of RMA you are requesting. So, it appears to ONLY be for issues where you are asking to return the product. While I could be wrong ... the only method to seek help that I have found is this board.

Although this is a user forum, extremely disappointing to see that no one from Corsair responded to this post.

I am having significant difficulty getting 2 Force LEs into service as well. More importantly, the process this company has set up to obtain help is very effective ... at limiting your access to help. From the bewildering ticket process, to a chat feature that is useless, to the unreal hoops they throw up to get access to this user forum, it all seems designed to limit access to company resources to help make their products work for consumers. Customers deserve better.

Someone from Corsair needs to get off their tail and respond to this customer's post.

I realize this is a "user" forum, but MOST companies who really care about their customers have a technical person who monitor the forum. If for no other reason, a tremendous amount of learning can be passed back to the company from hearing about/seeing problems that customers are having with the products. I find it very difficult to believe there isn't a single employee of Corsair who does not monitor this board. If not, that confirms to me that I should never purchase a Corsair product again. If there is ... could you PLEASE HELP ME?

I am making an attempt to install two Corsair SSDs. In both cases, I am encountering significant problems. I have posted these issues and the posts have been sitting out there now for over 3 hours ... without a single response.

If you are employed by Corsair, could you PLEASE find a technical person to respond to these posts. I am not in a situation where I can call. Your chat is worthless. And your ticketing process appears to only be for RMAs.

Honestly, is your company really this dismissive of customers?

Archived