Corsair Community

corsair ll 120 fans 3 of 9 staying static

Birthday_party

so as stated above 3 of the nine fans i have have changed to a red only color yet they still do the same fade as if they are matching the rainbow wave the rest of the fans are doing. i have two rfan hubs in the case for the 9 fans 6 on 1 and 3 on another however these three have been on the same hub the entire time, i recently changed corsair h115i pro 280 mm to an h1150i pro 360 for the top three fans switching from 2 140lls to 3 120 lls however these are still on the 6 fan hub not the other with 3 the three mounted on bottom of the case that are being affected have not changed location physically or via the hub, sata connectors have also stayed the same as i changed the pump old pump sata to the new pump sata. i know that seems uneccessary to lay all that out but im trying to be clear to start. i noticed the issue comes up it seems when playing ac odessey usually about an hour in it changed and wont go back even with restart the only thing i did to fix it initially was switch some of the connectors arround on the fan hub and changing lanes on the rbg connector ive also switched sata lines from the one it was originally on and then to another and its popped up again. ive also reinstalled ique and wiped profiles and reinstalled a second time. i plugged the other top fans into the first hub to see if that was the issue and nothing seemed to change its all three of these fans and they are all acting exactly the same which makes me feel like its a software issue but i have no idea im at real loss for ideas here on what could be causing it, the only other lights are on the motherboard but i set that in fusion and have not opened it since and they have worked for a month or two until yesterday. any ideas would be super helpful thank you

First, please use caps, spacing, new lines .. that kind of stuff. This is really, really difficult to read. It is physically painful.

Second ... the fans operates in a series. So it's very possible that you have 1 bad fan that is causing the issue. Try rearranging the fans on the hub. Take the first misbehaving fan and put it at the end (don't leave any empty!). What happens? Or take the fan before the first misbehaving fan and swap that one.

yeah fair point. so what i did that seems to have fixed it is put that the second hub has 6 fans instead of 3 in the software and then only select the 3 there for lighting. i have not had an issue as of yet but i dont know if that's permanent fix or not.

i did try arranging them differently but rather than fans being an issue it may be the hub itself? it seemed that the color would degrade as i added fans down the 1-3 slot. like with one fan in it was normal 2 in it would be about 3/4s the color spectrum available for rainbow but focusing more on red. 3 fans in they were all red if that makes sense and it seemed to be doing that for whatever arrangement of the 3, but again saying in the software that 6 were installed instead of three seemed to have fixed it for now? so any other suggestions would be great since i dont know if that will sustain

It's always possible that it's the hub but that's unlikely ... unless you are drawing too much current on the 5V rail elsewhere in the system (also unlikely). The Fan Hub is a really, really dumb device - it simply provides power and routes signal between the fans. The only component soldered to the board is a capacitor.

Archived