Corsair Community

H150I Push/pull configuration.

Yoke

Hey guys. I've bought H150i today, it's coming soon. But I did like to ask you about Push/Pull configure.

So, I've alot of fans, they are not all Corsair tho.

What I've :

4x LL120 (I've mounted them on 3x front 1x back)

But as my case is Sharkoon TG5, I need to remount them and put my water cooler there on front.

So what I thought to do is :

- I remount the 3x LL120 and mount them on my cooler, so I can see the RGB from outside (Push)

- I've 3x fans from my Sharkoon TG5 case, they are 120x25, so I believe it may work to put them on the cooler from the inside. (Pull)

So by that I would have push/pull h150i, right? 6 fans together.

I could aswell the ML120 fans which comes with H150i put on the top of my case, if it would work in any way.

What do you think? Is it possible? Or did I something wrong?

I am not sure about the Push/Pull tho, there's no difference which fans I put in which direction, right?

The next problem is, how about fan pins on my motherboard? The 4x LL120 take already 4 fan pins on the motherboard and if I even want to use another 3 fans on my water cooler I wouldn't have that many pins ;x

I've Lighting Node Pro and the RGB Hub, so that doesn't help in any way, right?

I need the commander pro for that, right? So I could pin 3x LL120 and 3x ML120 to the Commander Pro and the rest of 4 on my motherboard, would that work?

The Commander Pro could replace the LNP in your system and offer you 6 more software controlled fan ports, plus three more on the H150i. I would put as many fans on the Commander pro controller as possible and I think the six ports should cover 2 top, 1 rear, and 3 radiator fans.

Generally speaking, you don't get a lot more out of push/pull on normal density, thin, 360mm radiators (like the H150i). However, there are some reasons when you might anyway. 1) When the radiator is also serving as the only intake source; 2) With LL fans. You can use different sets on the front/back. Very dissimilar fan types may make more air noise, but there is no way to know until you put them together. The standard TG5 fans look like a medium rake blade, so it probably is not offensive with the LL. I just recently combined LL140 and ML140 and did not like it, however the 140mm definitely has a different shape than the 120. Those results may not be the same. Since the Sharkoon fans appear to be RGB, you may want them elsewhere in the case. The fans that come with the H150i are not RGB and probably find a nice a home on the back of the radiator, out of sight.

Let me make it short this time, so I am 100%.

I really want replace the ML120 from H150i to LL120, is there a big difference in perfomence or it's just like 2-3 degrees higher?

As you said "Generally speaking, you don't get a lot more out of push/pull on normal density, thin, 360mm radiators (like the H150i)."

If there's no big difference I don't think the 60 euro commander pro is worth to buy for me or am I wrong?

There's my point of view tho:

- 3x LL120 (Front, because RGB obviously :D) + 3x ML120 fans on my H150i (Inside the case, so it won't be seen)

- 1x LL120 on the back case

- 3x Sharkoon TG5 fans on the top of my case.

And what if I leave it like :

3x LL120 on H150i

1x LL120 on back

Is it enough to have only 4 fans?

And can I actually pin different fan pins to the commander pro? Like 3x LL and 3x ML or it's must to have only one type of fans?

The Commander Pro can handle different fan types, brands, and motors (DC or PWM). It's functionality is not tied to Corsair products only and whether you go push-pull or not, it gives you desktop control over the remaining case fans, however many there are.

I think 2C higher coolant temp is probably about right for the difference between ML and LL on the radiator at like speeds. It is most certainly wattage dependent and your specifications aren't listed. The difference between them on my 300W GPU radiator is very clear and marked. On a CPU running between 100-150W? Probably irrelevant.

I have no way to estimate the thermal flow on your case. You can take a rough run at push pull with the LL + ML combination with splitter from your board. Probably need to leave the top disconnected to make the number of headers work, but that would give you a way to test push-pull. The Commander Pro still has value regardless, but that is a determination you'll need to make.

Well, I've tested and calculated obviously, because I have to be 100% sure about anything ;x

I've Ryzen 7 2700X and Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 1080

So, I am kinda more into buying Commander Pro today, so I could use 6 fans in H150i, 3 fans at the top of my case (Sharkoon's fan) and 1 behind.

I will connect my 3x LL120 to Commander Pro, 1x to motherboard pin and 4x to RGB Hub.

3x ML120 to Commander Pro

3x Sharkoon's fan to motherboard

Looks legit, right?

If someone confirm that it'll work as I said I'll go for it then.

And one fast question : Does H150i support W_PUMP+ function? I've it in my Asus X-470-Pro motherboard

I will connect my 3x LL120 to Commander Pro, 1x to motherboard pin and 4x to RGB Hub.

3x ML120 to Commander Pro

3x Sharkoon's fan to motherboard

And one fast question : Does H150i support W_PUMP+ function? I've it in my Asus X-470-Pro motherboard

The H150i has a three fan controller built in as well. That is also software controllable through iCUE. The above arrangement will work. You can also move either set up pus/pull fans to the H150i controller and match speeds with the C-Pro on the other side.

You don't need a W_Pump, AIO_Pump, or any other special header. The H150i gets its power from a SATA connection. There is a motherboard header that will report a pump speed to the BIOS and when on CPU fan will trigger a CPU fan error if something happens. That is usually the best place to connect it, although sometimes header location on the board is more important.

"The H150i has a three fan controller built in as well."

Oh wait, so that means that I can connect my LL120 or ML120 fans to the H150i itself without connecting them to the Motherboard? Or did I understand that wrong?

"The H150i has a three fan controller built in as well."

Oh wait, so that means that I can connect my LL120 or ML120 fans to the H150i itself without connecting them to the Motherboard? Or did I understand that wrong?

That is correct. It has a triple splitter coming off the pump. In iCUE there will be a H150i cooler icon and fan control settings for those connected fans. Separate from Commander Pro control, but you can link them to the same variable to make both sides run similar speeds.

Oh duuuh, I love you so much for the information! <3

At the end of all of it, I came with problem, because of my Power supply shroud cover seems like I won't be able to put the other 3 fans on the h150i, because it won't fit in the hole, the hole is like 70mm and as far I know the H150i with ML120 fans is about 51mm. So seems like I won't need the C-Pro at all and the PC will run on 7 fans and not 10 fans and the H150i will run with 3 fans only. The information that H150i has three fan controller saved me the money

Archived