Corsair Community

H150i with Silverstone FT02 case

rlmv

Apologize for crossposting from another forum. I've been without a computer for nearly 3 weeks and really need to get this addressed. I have a Silverstone FT02 case and really like it, and prefer not to replace it as it's in perfect condition. I upgraded the components inside with a new Aorus Master Z390 board, 9900k, and PSU. I had a Corsair H80vi2. Unfortunately I was seeing some weirdness with the H80iv2 and saw stock peak temps go from 85-100C, and couldn't figure out why. Any overclocking would easily jump to 100c. I was able to return the components and reordered, but I'm thinking I need better cooling.

I'm looking at the H150i, but not sure it would work. I measured the radiator and fan, and it looks like it will fit on the bottom, right above the 3 intake fans. So it'd be from bottom up, Intake fan, radiator, radiator fan which is also how airflow would work. But I have a couple of concerns:

Has anyone tried this before, whether with the 150i or the 100i/115i?

I don't know where it would physically screw in. Is the radiator enough weight to put resting on the intake fans without mounting screws?

The warm air from the radiator would pass through the entire case/mobo/cpu/gpu/psu, etc....before being pushed out. How big of an issue is this?

Should I just go with the Noctua D15 or BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro4 instead and not deal with the hassle?

Thanks!

ft02-dimension.jpg

• Corsair Employees

Hello,

I've personally never dealt with this case, but from the looks of it, the H150i will not work with this case. You may be able to mount a H100i on the bottom, but your video card may not allow it to mount properly. Do you have the clearance for a radiator with your video card installed?

Hey thanks for the reply. I’m curious why you don’t think it will fit on bottom? Based on my measurements it fits both length and width wise. I don’t run a big gpu (it’s maybe 4-5”) so it should clear easily.

Would the cooler be able to run with the radiator and fan unmounted? ( just resting on the intake fans at the bottom). I think this is called push/pull?

Secondly, how bad would the warm air be from the radiator going from the bottom of the case through all the components to the top?

• Corsair Employees
If you don't run a lengthy GPU, you shouldn't have any issues mounting a H150i. Obviously, the HDD cages will need to go. Your GPU will run warmer, which is something to consider. If your temps can handle the extra heat, then you should be good.

Archived