Corsair Community

When do we get variable pump speed Silent/balanced/xtrm based on CPU/coolant on H150i

Nemukka

Hello,

Please, why can't we have this already? Silent is good in desktop use, but is too hot for anything demanding. Balanced and Extreme make too much noise in silent room. I just want, that my mode changes from Silent to Balanced, when the coolant temp rises to 34 degrees celsius, or my CPU goes to over 75 or something like that.

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

We prevent this type of change with the pump, to avoid any sort of damages/performance issue with the unit. Therefore, it's limited to what the software can offer. Is the pump making a noticeable noise with the two other speeds? It should be relatively quiet inside the case.

Hello! If I'm in a silent room, the Balanced mode makes noise that can be heard even to other side of the room. My computer is under my desk and even from there it irritates me. I have Fractals R6 case, it should be pretty good with noise...

If the case is under the desk at 1m(?) and the pump sounds clear as a bell, there might be something not quite right. I need to get within 8 inches of my H115i Pro with the door closed to hear balanced mode (2160 rpm). Extreme is another story. The other thing is loudness is very subjective. If your room really does have an incredibly low noise floor, every thing from a mosquito's wings to a pin drop is going to sound loud. There is no way for us to assess that, but if you are sitting there with no fans in motion, no people within 1 mile radius, and in a sound proof room, you are going to hear the pump at all speeds. It is the only thing making noise.

As for assessing the H150i, does it seem like the pump sound changes when you shift from balanced to extreme?

Archived