Corsair Community

Can I use both Carbide Series Air 740 and Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB

Intini

Hi, this is my first post here.

I couldn't find the answer for my question in this forum and I decided to post it. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

I want to use the Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB to cool an i9 7980XE on a ASUS Rampage VI Extreme (EATX) motherboard on a Corsair Carbide Series Air 740 case.

I would like to place the H150i in the front panel and place another water cooler for the dual (SLI) GTX 1080TI on the top panel - hopefully from Corsair as I love the brand.

I really like the Corsair Air 740 and I wish I could build it all on it.

I am about to buy everything and I would appreciate very much any input.

I want to water-cool everything using only Corsair products, if possible.

Thank you so much!

As long as the top radiator isn't thick (more than 30mm), you should be OK. With 280mm up top, there will be a very slight overhang of 2-3mm between the top radiator fan and front H150i + fans. It will fit with standard 27-30mm radiators and standard 25mm fans. This should not be an issue with a 240mm top since you can slide it toward the back away from the front.

The additional consideration will be H150i hose routing. With that front mounted, you likely will need to snake these around the GPU to the bottom. Again, with a top 240mm you have more room to play.

This is 280mm top and 280mm front with both maximally forward/up.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/xu74zukrqj9s749/IMG_1543.jpg/file

As long as the top radiator isn't thick (more than 30mm), you should be OK. With 280mm up top, there will be a very slight overhang of 2-3mm between the top radiator fan and front H150i + fans. It will fit with standard 27-30mm radiators and standard 25mm fans. This should not be an issue with a 240mm top since you can slide it toward the back away from the front.

The additional consideration will be H150i hose routing. With that front mounted, you likely will need to snake these around the GPU to the bottom. Again, with a top 240mm you have more room to play.

This is 280mm top and 280mm front with both maximally forward/up.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/xu74zukrqj9s749/IMG_1543.jpg/file

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciated your reply!

Would you be able to please let me know what model of radiator and fans you used that I could buy on the top of the case?

I just bought the case online after reading your post! Thanks a lot again! But now I need to order all the other parts, including the radiators and fans. Does Corsair also make them?

Another question that may sound very basic: what are the air flow direction that I should you in the front, top and bottom radiators? Are front, top and bottom intake and then I should put two fans as exhaust in the back?

I am running the Corsair H115i Pro for the CPU as top exhaust and a Hardware Labs Nemesis 280x27mm on the front for the GPU as exhaust. This is an unconventional reverse flow set-up and while it is definitely viable, not what I would recommend for most people. You are probably going to want the H150i (CPU) as front intake, 2x140 bottom intake, rear exhaust, and top radiator GPU exhaust. You will definitely want the GPU radiator flow to exit the case. Air/coolant temp will run 40-55C.

Those are Corsair HD fans in the screen shot. They are certainly decorative and you can use most anything.

I am running the Corsair H115i Pro for the CPU as top exhaust and a Hardware Labs Nemesis 280x27mm on the front for the GPU as exhaust. This is an unconventional reverse flow set-up and while it is definitely viable, not what I would recommend for most people. You are probably going to want the H150i (CPU) as front intake, 2x140 bottom intake, rear exhaust, and top radiator GPU exhaust. You will definitely want the GPU radiator flow to exit the case. Air/coolant temp will run 40-55C.

Those are Corsair HD fans in the screen shot. They are certainly decorative and you can use most anything.

Thank you so much! I am now waiting for the case to arrive. Sadly the AX1600i is not available in my country for some reason. I will try to contact Corsair to see if they can help me. I want to invest in a good power supply to use for the next 10 years if possible - the length of the warranty. That is why I want an AX1600i. We do have the AX1500i here, but since it is about the same price as the AX1600i I may as well get the most powerful one. What power supply are you using?

• 3 months later...
Hi! Just an update to this thread. I have now the Corsair Air 740 case and just ordered the Corsair H150i Pro RGB watercooler. But I have a question: Why on the Corsair website, on the Air 740 page, it doesn't say that the H150i is compatible with the Air 740? But it does say that it supports 360mm radiator. The shop that sold me the H150i said it is not compatible - probably they looked at the Corsair website. So, is it really compatible or not?

That is great! Thank you so much!

I just got the H150i in the post today lunchtime! I am very happy!

But in the box it doesn't list the LGA1151 socket!!!! Will it work with my i9-9000k ? I won't open the box before I check that as to return the box must be unopened....

Can anyone confirm that the H150i Pro RGB does work with LGA1151 socket?

• 3 months later...
How is your set up doing currently? I am very curious as my set up that I am soon going to buy is very similar to yours. 150I AIO, 740 air case, i9 9900k processor.

It is working great, actually. Temperatures are excellent. The whole system came out really nicely. This processor is truly powerful!

Archived