Corsair Community

Flash previous firmware on Force GT

tkout

I usually like to keep up to date on my firmwares so i update the the 5.0.2, but I think the sleep/standby issue I saw someone else mention here is preventing me from using parted magic to secure erase my Force GT.

I just wanted to check and see if I would be able to go back to 1.3.3 with out any problems.

Thanks!

I've been trying everything to get it to wake back up from sleeping! I can't get it to wake.

Is there another secure erasing utility that I can use from a WinPE 3.0 environment that you guys recomend?

I would like to add that this worked in my amd system that I just sold.

I just upgraded to an Intel x79 board & i7 CPU with nvidia 690.

I'm reading in places that I will need to enable hot swap and plug the drive in after parted magic boots... Can someone confirm please?

I'm working with Parted Magic on the matter and will post any updates.

Seems like something is going on with it as it just doesn't want to wake up from sleeping at all. All the fans spin up on my h100 but nothing comes up on the screen.

I've tried most current and gone as far back as the 11.11.11 version, but no dice.

The issues with Parted Magic are what prompted me to write the first post in this thread.

I'm trying to use Parted Magic to secure erase my Force GT before a re-install of Window 7.

When I use the Erase utility it asks me to put the system to sleep, which it does with out any problem. The problem lies with bringing the computer back out of sleep. I press the power button and i hear the fans on my H100 spin up but I don't get anything on the screen.

Seeing other posts about the 5.0.2 firmware having troubles with sleep made me wonder if it was the firmware issue with the force gt.

I hope this all makes sense now.

When I use the Erase utility it asks me to put the system to sleep, which it does with out any problem. .

Actually no, I have never seen this at all and never heard of anyone else posting this sort of situation with Parted Magic. I can't imagine why you would be prompted to put a drive to sleep to initiate an internal secure erase command. Perhaps you should try a different utility to SE the drive such as HD Parm.

"Freezing" does not equal sleep or hibernate issues. Can you be more descriptive of what you are actually seeing? Can you post screenshots of what you are seeing in Parted Magic? I'm not trying to be difficult but you aren't giving us much useful info to go on so it's hard to assist.

After parted magic puts the system to sleep to try and un-freeze the ssd I try to power on the system from sleep.

But when I press the power button to wake the pc I get no video output at all. I hear the H100 fans spin up but the system appears to not be waking at all. I get absolutely nothing on the display, my monitor is still in power save mode.

I've been in touch with Patrick Verner in the Parted Magic forums and he's helping me to try and narrow down what it could be causing the issue.

I was really just wondering if it could be firmware causing the system to not wake up from being put into sleep. Hence why I asked if I could downgrade the firmware.

Let us know what Parted Magic tells you. I use it weekly and I have never seen it prompt me to put the drive to sleep. I have no info on this at all and can't find anyone here at the forum via search that has ever seen this.

The only thing that even comes close is this:

We have prepared a short guide with pictures for using Parted Magic to secure erase your SSD.

Cheers! ::pirate::

NOTE: If you get a message saying that your drive is locked and cannot be secure erased, with Parted Magic still running, remove the power and data cable from the drive for 1 minute. Reattach the cables and then try again.

And, this has nothing to do with sleeping or freezing.

I have a screen pic on my phone that I will upload later. I use it a lot too, and it seems to only be on intel systems with SSD drives that it has to put the system to sleep to un-freeze the drive.

On my old AMD setup it would let me secure erase all day with out having to be put to sleep to un-freeze the disk.

On a side note, with the Intel SATA controller set to hotswap will my Force GT be ok to plugin on a hot system?

I use it weekly and I have never seen it prompt me to put the drive to sleep.

This happens to me every time I use it. When my PC awakens my screen is garbled and not really legible but since I know where everything is menu-wise I am able to complete the process. It's common enough that this exists:

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-20115106-285/how-to-securely-erase-an-ssd-drive/

Archived