Corsair Community

LL120 Random Colors / Not Syncing

Xon

Hi guys, so this is my first post here so I am not sure if it is in the right section. If not, my apologies. Also English isn't my first language so I'm not really sure if I explained this right.

Last week I build a New PC, and I chose most of the stuff from Corsair, overall happy with the stuff but I have an issue with my LL120 Fans. 3 of them to be exact.

The colors seem to be messing around on their own, they don't sync with what I give them on iCUE. They don't always do this but most of the time they have a mind of their own.

I tried forcing Firmware update to the Commander pro, I reinstalled iCUE, I tried switched the LED ports on the lightning node and it just didn't work. It kept doing it. Bare in mind that this only happens when I have stuff like Static Color on or, Rainbow effect. Basically when the LED is constantly on.

This is pure an aesthetic issue but it really bothers me to have flicking lights.

I posted 2 GIFs maybe you can understand me better.

dKTXIC8.gif

jJ3iVsP.gif

We'd need to see what effects you have applied to the fans before we can say anything about it. Can you do a screen shot of the Lighting Effects configuration screen?

Sure thing, in the gif I had an extra another ARC because I had one for 3 fans to go Counter-clockwise and another ARC for the other 3 fans to go clockwise but I removed that and stayed with 1 Arc lighting effect, issue still remains

Edit: Arc lightning effect is selected for the outer ring LEDs and the Heartbeat lighting effect is in the inner fan (the 4 individual LEDs)

0M5jAeW.png

Edited by Xon

To give a quick update I just decided to make it all the same and now suddenly the colors don't match up again. I seriously this think this is software related issue because frankly every mode I try, be static color, arc, or what ever as it may be, It had different symptom.

WFoYl8H.gif

24bTKuL.png

• 2 weeks later...

Random colour leds being applied in an all white static setup for me too. My setup is as follows:

6 x LL 120s fan cable to Commander Pro

RGB cables to Lighting node pro to Commander Pro

4 x RGB lighting strips to Commander Pro

All fans and stripes have been set to static colour. rgb(255,255,255)

At random moments colours will start to dot on the fans as mentioned in this post.

I've been having basically the same issue. And I've noticed that occasionally the RGB lighting strips will also do something kind of similar. My setup is basically the same as this screenshot (I have 6 LL fans and 4 RGB strips. Only difference from the image is I have 2 LL fans that are hooked into my h150i and not directly into the Commander Pro. The RGB wiring is exactly the same as what I've done though):

XSDWsneh.png

I feel like it might be more firmware related (or at least related to what the Commander Pro is doing itself), because even when my system boots and iCUE hasn't taken over yet I see similar things where it seems like it is getting confused and trying to run two things at the same time causing weird flickering or the rainbow effect to jump abruptly. I wonder if it could be related to that new feature they added where iCUE can save hardware color patterns and if that is creating something where the Commander Pro is trying to run both at the same time or something.

Once iCUE takes over I notice the strange patterns less. I've switched to static colors for now (because it was way more distracting having it happen during color change effects), but it is still very obvious when one of the fans/strips starts to misbehave since it moves away from the static colors.

Edited by SinOfHeart

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Im having the exact same issue. i returned my entire set of fans. got new ones and am having the same exact issue with the new ones. even a new controller and hub. fans set to all white, will start turning off or blinking one light random colors. cant find anything consistent about what causes it to happen.

• 3 weeks later...
got same exact issue.. and to make things worse, one of the fans just won't respond to any changes anymore (led)... Unless I shut down the PC completely, remove from power, then it'll remain switched off unless I set a color and once I do, it can never be switched again. I keep regretting my decision going with Corsair every day.. issue after issue..

• 1 month later...

Have been having this issue since I bought the 3 fans back in November 2018. Any fixes? I had a few temporary ones, such as force closing and restarting ICUE, but these no longer work.

I don't understand why Corsair aren't at least replying to us so we know what the situation is. Don't appreciate spending the price premium for RGB just for it to not work.

Put a lot of effort, time, and money into this build just to have faulty RGB & 0 customer service to go along with it.

• 3 weeks later...
So the only solution that has seemed to work so far for me is to just run the fans on the Extreme setting because its not allowing the fan to have enough power on any other setting? I'm not sure why this is a thing but that was my fix.

So the only solution that has seemed to work so far for me is to just run the fans on the Extreme setting because its not allowing the fan to have enough power on any other setting? I'm not sure why this is a thing but that was my fix.

That doesn't really make sense. The LEDs have their own power (+5V) independent from the fan motor (+12V). Furthermore, PWM fans will have the full 12V at all times.

IF this is the case, then it's likely that you have a loose connection and the full fan speed is giving you enough vibration (maybe?) to make the connection.

• 2 weeks later...
quick question.... how many fans do you have hooked up? I see 5 in you pic but your iCUE shows 6... i know when I didnt put the right amount of fans in my iCUE it acted funny

I have 6 Fans, there are 3 In front, this is the 500D Obsidian Case.

The funny thing is that the fans that came with the case work flawlessly, meanwhile the other 3 that I bought separately, the RGB just don't work at all. Now a days it doesn't even take iCUE color commands, I even put the RGB to black (so I can turn it off) and it takes a while to take the command.

The whole thing is a mess. And I know for sure it isn't the fan issue because sometimes they work for a few minutes (when I boot up my PC), and sometimes they don't turn on at all. Either the Software or my Corsair LED hub (which came with the case) is messed up.

The fans do take commands regarding speed, I also set variable speeds according to temps and it works fine. Just the RGB aesthetic is messed up.

I have had my Corsair LL120 for about 4 months and used the Corsair iCue without any problems.

When i started my PC today i ran into this problem of flickering and random/broken colours on the fans.

This happens as soon as i start my PC, even before i enter Windows.

All my other Corsair RGB product works fine.

Keyboard (Corsair Gaming K70 RGB)

CPU-Water Cooler (Corsair Hydro H150i Pro RGB)

DDR4 (Corsair Vengeance Black RGB LED Pro)

I've read through the forum and tried numerous suggestions.

* Uninstalling HWiNFO64

* Disabling W10 Fast Boot

* Uninstalling iCue and downloading the latest (iCUESetup_3.16.56_release)

* Restarting the Corsair service

* Tried the LINK 4.9.9.3

* Scanning and cleaning registry with software

Nothing has helped..

But i came to a thought how can the fan leds still be broken without me having any of the softwares installed or open?

The keyboard seems to remember the "last saved setting" i had on iCue, even when uninstalled.

I haven't touched anything with the Commander PRO, Node PRO, or the cables inside the pc yet.

Right now im looking into the BIOS settings, some people say disable the S4, S5 but i have no idea if thats related the the fans leds or only the the mobo leds.

I hope anyone can help me with this. Thanks

If i have rainbow wave setting= https://streamable.com/kpinh

If i have static blue setting= https://streamable.com/0avu0

EDIT: I just found something very strange!

Check the picture, if i mark everything except this 1 "hole" the colour stops shifting and remains blue on all fans. If i tick it, the colours start changing on ALL the fans! (If you want to try this hold ctrl + click in what you want).

I can still notice some very small blue/lightblue colour shifting on that one fan, so i tried untick the 2 ones on the right side of it, now its almost completely good.

Could this be a hardware error on that fan?

photo_2019-06-17_23-26-45-2ec2a2d9d630bbcb7.jpg

Now running almost as before, except the lightning is crazy until iCue gets started.

https://streamable.com/nubah

Edited by Sipooo

I still suspect a bad fan. Keep in mind that the fans run in series - 1 fan feeds the data signal to the next. So 1 bad fan can take down and entire chain. The only way to narrow this down is to methodically test the fans 2 at a time.

I have had my Corsair LL120 for about 4 months and used the Corsair iCue without any problems.

When i started my PC today i ran into this problem of flickering and random/broken colours on the fans.

This happens as soon as i start my PC, even before i enter Windows.

All my other Corsair RGB product works fine.

Keyboard (Corsair Gaming K70 RGB)

CPU-Water Cooler (Corsair Hydro H150i Pro RGB)

DDR4 (Corsair Vengeance Black RGB LED Pro)

I've read through the forum and tried numerous suggestions.

* Uninstalling HWiNFO64

* Disabling W10 Fast Boot

* Uninstalling iCue and downloading the latest (iCUESetup_3.16.56_release)

* Restarting the Corsair service

* Tried the LINK 4.9.9.3

* Scanning and cleaning registry with software

Nothing has helped..

But i came to a thought how can the fan leds still be broken without me having any of the softwares installed or open?

The keyboard seems to remember the "last saved setting" i had on iCue, even when uninstalled.

I haven't touched anything with the Commander PRO, Node PRO, or the cables inside the pc yet.

Right now im looking into the BIOS settings, some people say disable the S4, S5 but i have no idea if thats related the the fans leds or only the the mobo leds.

I hope anyone can help me with this. Thanks

If i have rainbow wave setting= https://streamable.com/kpinh

If i have static blue setting= https://streamable.com/0avu0

EDIT: I just found something very strange!

Check the picture, if i mark everything except this 1 "hole" the colour stops shifting and remains blue on all fans. If i tick it, the colours start changing on ALL the fans! (If you want to try this hold ctrl + click in what you want).

I can still notice some very small blue/lightblue colour shifting on that one fan, so i tried untick the 2 ones on the right side of it, now its almost completely good.

Could this be a hardware error on that fan?

photo_2019-06-17_23-26-45-2ec2a2d9d630bbcb7.jpg

Now running almost as before, except the lightning is crazy until iCue gets started.

https://streamable.com/nubah

I've tried all of that and none of it helped.

I still suspect a bad fan. Keep in mind that the fans run in series - 1 fan feeds the data signal to the next. So 1 bad fan can take down and entire chain. The only way to narrow this down is to methodically test the fans 2 at a time.

I've tried that and I think it is something going on with port 5 & 6 on my LED HUD. I tried this while my PC was on so I did not restart it each time. But from what I can see, every time I switch from port 5 & 6 on the LED hub nothing happens, but when I switched 5 & 6 fans onto port 4 of LED hub, the fans worked fine individual. Possible LED Hub RMA? I don't know.. this LED hub came with the case.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: The situation for me is just awful at this point. This is what I have to deal with.

1 Fan working properly. I've tried removing ALL the pins of the LED hub, moved them around and messed about and still nothing. one of the fans just doesn't turn on at all, another one have the middle center turned on and the rest do what ever they want to do. I even installed a fresh copy of Windows just recently just to see if there is any Registry messing about

Here is another 2 GIFs maybe you understand me. In the ICUE there is just ONE color for ALL which is the lightning link spiral rainbow

rPHfkWU.gif

tI0ftlf.gif

• 2 weeks later...

FQp4Kk3.gif

Also dealing with this in one fan. I have a total of 7 Corsair RGB LL fans 3x120 4x140, 8 RGB strips (all fans connected to Commander Pro, RGB Strips connected to Lighting Node Pro).

One of my 140 LL connected via the Commander Pro is spontaneously flickering different colors despite it being no where in my profile or configurations.

Seemed to happen after an update to iCue and a FW upgrade on the Commander Pro about a month ago.. maybe more or less.

Initially, it wasn't so bad and would revert to normal operation. Within the last few weeks it has gotten so much worse, and doesn't at all revert back to the original color which is a temperature profile.

Edit: Messing around with performance profiles for any of the fans seem to make the fan's RGB spaz out even more

corsairphuckedup.gif.088a235bdee8d0e21c8e0eeb30225224.gif

Edited by MarsVoltron
imageinsert

Hi all,

Usually this kind of lighting behavior is indicative of a dead LED on a fan. It can be the fan that is acting up or sometimes a fan farther up the chain. I would swap the LED fan cables around on the LED hub. If the behavior moves or increases its likely a bad LED. If that is the case I would reach out to Corsair.com/support.

If it stays where it is it could be related to the LED hub or software.

Some things to try on the software side is to:

Uninstall iCUE and delete all of the corsair folders in %AppData%

Reboot

Reinstall the latest version of iCUE from Corsair.com/downloads

I hope that helps fix it!

• 2 months later...
Hi all,

Usually this kind of lighting behavior is indicative of a dead LED on a fan. It can be the fan that is acting up or sometimes a fan farther up the chain. I would swap the LED fan cables around on the LED hub. If the behavior moves or increases its likely a bad LED. If that is the case I would reach out to Corsair.com/support.

If it stays where it is it could be related to the LED hub or software.

Some things to try on the software side is to:

Uninstall iCUE and delete all of the corsair folders in %AppData%

Reboot

Reinstall the latest version of iCUE from Corsair.com/downloads

I hope that helps fix it!

I did all that. Still no dice. Firmware issue with the LNP. Please tell your boys to fix it! :P

Same issue here, except that I try to set mine to all white.

I've had two tickets open with Corsair. The first one resulted in a new RGB hub, and then the second ticket I was sent a replacement RMA Corsair Commander Pro. Still no luck.

I believe it is a software issue of some sort. If anyone can submit a ticket and use this thread as a guide it might be helpful.

Thanks!

i had this problem last night, fans was not "sync'd" random colours and squence was all out unplugged and tested, swapped around same issue.

I had a spare light pro so swapped it out and it fixed it, only difference was the "broken" one i had updated to the newest Firmware, the one thats working is old firmeware untouched.