Corsair Community

HS1 Volume Problem

Nug

Hi there,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and have encountered a slight problem.

When I adjust the volume to 100% (in stereo mode) the volume isn't loud enough, so I tried to increase the volume in Windows 7 control panel. It was then that I noticed that the Volume for the HS1 drivers (including the inline volume control) is directly tied to the volume in Windows. No matter which volume control I adjust, I cannot get the headset any louder.

Before when I was running Windows XP all I had to do was increase the volume in windows, then adjust the HS1 driver volume to the desired level (both settings were independent of each other).

P.s. the volume of the headset in 7.1 mode is loud enough. Just not in stereo mode.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Nug.

Hi there,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and have encountered a slight problem.

When I adjust the volume to 100% (in stereo mode) the volume isn't loud enough, so I tried to increase the volume in Windows 7 control panel. It was then that I noticed that the Volume for the HS1 drivers (including the inline volume control) is directly tied to the volume in Windows. No matter which volume control I adjust, I cannot get the headset any louder.

Before when I was running Windows XP all I had to do was increase the volume in windows, then adjust the HS1 driver volume to the desired level (both settings were independent of each other).

P.s. the volume of the headset in 7.1 mode is loud enough. Just not in stereo mode.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Nug.

In stereo mode enable the Surround, then the 7.1 if it isnt loud.

If you enable the Dolby Prologic mode the volume levels will decrease.

The "Dolby Headphone" and 7.1 does increase by quite a bit and adds for nice immersion with music, games and movies.

And yeah, its stupid that you control both windows and the headset, instead of being individual like every other headset on the planet.

But my issue is that its too loud.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, as I haven't tried.

I guess all I was asking is wether there was a way to have two seperate volume controls (one driver based, one Windows based). I guess there isn't :(

Never mind, the volume is loud enough in 7.1 surround mode and that's what I use 99% of the time anyway.

• Corsair Employee
If you uninstall the driver, is the volume still at the same level or does it get louder?

The reason for testing this is to find out if the headset itself is causing the problems with low volume, or if there could be some other application or driver that is taking priority over the HS1 driver.

I already know the answer to that question - the headset is fine, the problem lies in the drivers.

Before I installed Windows 7, the volume on Windows XP was very loud (if I turned it up of course).

The problem now is that I can't turn it up any more because windows 7 volume (thats also tied to the HS1 Drivers volume) hits 100% (I adjusted the drivers volume seperate to windows under XP).

Fortunately the volume is loud enough under 7.1 mode, which is what I use pretty much all of the time.

BTW - really really happy with the purchase despite this minor bug. Great quality headset on all fronts.

Archived