Corsair Community

Newbie question

wexh

When I buy a Corsair CMPSU-620HX, do I get everything I need to get it up and running right away? Or do I have to buy additional things to it, like cables or so? Never bought a PSU before. When I get it I will let my local computer shop install it for me, and don't want them to say I have to buy a lot extra stuff to get it working in my computer. Thanks /wexh

CMC_SAVAGE: thank you for taking your time to answer my questions. I have one more :) The last I think...

I have 3 x HDD's , 2 x DVD-writers and 2 x graphic cards. Is this all I can connect to this PSU ? (except CPU and ATX)

Where should I connect my Chassifan and my 80mm fan?

Thanks

wexh

I have now installed the PSU in my computer. It seems like everything is ok.

Is it ok to have 3 sata HDD's connected to one of the five five-pin modular connectors ?

The cable had 3 in the end, so I guess it's ok, or will I overload it ?

I'm only using three of five five-pin modular connectors. One for my DVD-writer, one for my two chassifans and one for the three sata hdd's. I connected my graphics card above in the six-pin connector PCI-E.

Is there a way to check if everything is ok? Some kind of program?

I hope you don't think these questions are stupid :)

With kind regards

wexh

OK thanks! Will there be any form factor problems with my motherboard Intel DG965SS? http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/dg965ss/index.htm

Cheers

CMC_SAVAGE: thank you for taking your time to answer my questions. I have one more :) The last I think...

I have 3 x HDD's , 2 x DVD-writers and 2 x graphic cards. Is this all I can connect to this PSU ? (except CPU and ATX)

Where should I connect my Chassifan and my 80mm fan?

Thanks

wexh

You should re-think your motherboard: That DG965SS motherboard, being a microATX motherboard, can accomodate only 1 x PCI-Express graphics card.

You should re-think your motherboard: That DG965SS motherboard, being a microATX motherboard, can accomodate only 1 x PCI-Express graphics card.

Yes, I have realized that to :(: And I had plans for 2 graphic cards. Well, have to get another MOBO I guess. Or perhaps get Nvidia's 8800GTX.

Yes, I have realized that to :(: And I had plans for 2 graphic cards. Well, have to get another MOBO I guess. Or perhaps get Nvidia's 8800GTX.

Are your existing graphics cards matching Nvidia SLI cards or ATI Crossfire compliant cards? If you are planning on running SLI with a Core 2 Duo CPU you will need to get a MOBO based on the current Nvidia 590 chipset or, on the upcoming newer 6** series Nvidia chipsets. If you have or want a Crossfire setup I believe you will need to stick with the Intel 975 chipset MOBOs. I am not aware of any ATI chipset based MOBOs for socket 775 that will do Crossfire.

Mike.

Archived