Corsair Community

H115i High temperature issue

Slingy

Hello, I have the H115i Extreme with 2 Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM fans.

I've noticed that if I have the CPU load around 70% the CPU package temp fluctuates between 86 and 95 degrees Celsius with fans at 25%.

This however doesn't change when I crank the fans up to 100%. I can hear them spin faster, I can feel them pushing more air through the radiator, but the temps barely change (they are still in the 85-95 range).

When browsing the web with load at 2-3% the temps are around 50. Again, this isn't affected by the fan speed at all. The pump temp goes up to 50 with load, then slowly goes down afterwards.

The package temp goes up and down by 50 degrees seemingly instantly. I have tried remounting the pump several times, but to no avail.

Sorry for the long post, but to me something seems horribly wrong, and I would like to know the cause(probably my mistake).

It has been like this since the purchase(about a year), but for reasons beyond me I didn't bother doing much with it.:sigh!:

The package temp goes up and down by 50 degrees seemingly instantly. I have tried remounting the pump several times, but to no avail.

That is what happens when your voltage kicks from its normal relaxed level to your BIOS specified maximum Vcore. The size of that jump is directly related to your maximum voltage. +50 sounds like around 1.30-1.35v on a 6700. Regardless, the problem is not the +50C, but rather the 50C baseline you are starting from. That is the cooler’s job and where the problem lies. You should see that temp move around between 20-40C depending on room/case temp and internal heat (gpu, etc). 50C is out of bounds unless your internal case temp is also 50C.

Contact Corsair Tech Support through the ticket system in the menu above. We can check your pump speed, but this seemly very much like a partial blockage. The coolant cannot make the number of trips per time interval it needs. Setting it as high as possible might save a few degrees, but not like it should. It needs to be replaced.

Archived