Corsair Community

Obsidian 650D Case, No Fans Running

traviolia

I cranked up my computer today and none of three case fans are working. The intake, the back exhaust, and the top exhaust. I toggled the fan controller back and forth and got nothing.

The computer is running fine otherwise, but I can't run it without fans. The THERMALTAKE, Frio CPU Cooling Fan is running fine at least.

How can I troubleshoot this problem? There is nothing but a quick start guide online.

Running Windows 7 with a ECS, P67H2-A2, LGA1155 motherboard and a Silencer Mk II Power Supply, 750W.

Are the fans connected to the Fan Controller?? Is the Fan Controller connected to the power supply??

If they are, make sure all the connections are tight and if they still don't work try connecting the fans individually to the PSU and or the Motherboard. If that works, then it's probably the Fan Controller.

If the fans was working normally before, your fan controller is broken. Corsair have been extremely sloppy with the quality on these cases. People here on the forum reassured me it was not a problem anymore, 2 months later the small exhaust fan stopped and the 2 200 mm fans was barely moving at all.

Dont bother asking them for an RMA, they just send you the same piece of crap and you get the same problem over again. You have to connect your fans to the MB directly, or get a new fan controller and install it in the case yourself if you can.

I had to return my PC and wait for 3 weeks for the company I bought it from to fix it under warranty, as I was not able to fix the problem myself. I regret buying this case, the quality is poor.

Please submit an RMA ticket for your case and explain to them you need just the fan controller. They will send you a new one at no charge to you.

They are super simple to change. They are just held on with two Phillips screws You can see them if you take off the front panel and follow the wires up.Pull the old out, put the new in with the same two small screws.

But for now you could always connect them to a MB header or molex to fan connector adapters.

I had to return my PC and wait for 3 weeks for the company I bought it from to fix it under warranty, as I was not able to fix the problem myself. I regret buying this case, the quality is poor.

Sorry to hear that. I too have had to change the fan controller, but other than that I love my case and wouldn't trade it for anything other than the new 900D!

Archived