Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 no sound

TogashiJack

After a brief search of these forums I have seen other people that have seemed to have similar issues concerning receiving sound from their Corsair Vengeance 2000 wireless headsets. I am presently having similar issues.

Upon unboxing I did legitimately read the Quick Start guide and followed the instructions therein, plugging in the wireless dongle, and then charging the device until it was lit green. I then unplugged it, pressed the power button on the side of the headset - the dongle's light is currently blue and the headphones themselves have the blue slowly blinking light. I then went and downloaded Vengeance2000SW_1_7_051512.exe, installed it and shut down the computer.

Upon rebooting, I made sure the headset was properly connected to the dongle, and set my default audio device to the Vengeance headset, however no sound comes from the headset. Attempts to view video(either online or files stored on my hard drive) play at incredibly slow frames per second and with no sound. Switching the Audio playback device back to my regular speakers returns video playback to normal(as well as sound).

I also tested the device with Skype to see if the microphone was working, which it is.

I am presently attempting one of the solutions posted in another thread(for someone who had not waited for a full charge before turning it on) and am running out the battery on the device before charging it again to full in an attempt to get it working. If nobody else has any suggestions I will post tomorrow evening with an update concerning the issue.

Turning off the headphones, removing and replacing the dongle and then turning the headphones back on does not fix the problem. I still suffer from incredibly low frames per second while viewing video and no sound from any source. The headphones are presently beeping, which I understand to be the low battery warning(less than 10%). Once they've completely discharged I will recharge them and try again.

Update - The headphones have finished discharging, all lights had stopped from the headset as well as the low battery beep, and the USB dongle light had gone from solid to intermittent. I am now charging the headset again and will try again once the light on the battery charger changes from its orange blink to a solid green.

Just returned home from work to find that the battery on the Vengeance 2000 had finished charging. I unplugged, turned it on and it connected to the dongle. I am still experiencing these same problems or no sound and impossibly few frames per second on video. This is highly disappointing.

• Corsair Employee

There are a few things in your posts that are or should be noted.

First do not let the head sets battery go completely dead before charging; the type of battery used in the head set can be damaged from that practice.

Second the fact the head sets work with the default driver would suggest the head sets are fine. I would try and download the driver again and save it to another folder and try the install again.

If they fail again then please speak with reseller and see if they will replace the set for you or please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace them.

There are a few things in your posts that are or should be noted.

First do not let the head sets battery go completely dead before charging; the type of battery used in the head set can be damaged from that practice.

Second the fact the head sets work with the default driver would suggest the head sets are fine. I would try and download the driver again and save it to another folder and try the install again.

If they fail again then please speak with reseller and see if they will replace the set for you or please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace them.

While I realize that normally running out a battery to completely zero will damage it, I know that most devices that use such a battery have a safety feature built in to preserve battery stability such as turning off the device with a minimal amount of battery charge. Discharging the battery and recharging it had been posted as a possible solution for other people who were complaining about having no sound, so it was something I tried.

I did download the driver file again, this time saving it to the desktop rather than the default location. It unfortunately leads to the same problem.. The fact that it is interfering with video playback as well might be some kind of software conflict.. I'm going to uninstall the corsair drivers again, reboot, and the install them with the USB dongle not connected to my computer, and see if that changes anything.

Now your post just sounds made up and plain fake.

I did not mean to give that impression.. I meant it more to read as "I am receiving no sound and videos play at an unwatchable rate. Because of the problems I am experiencing and the [at that point] unusability of the headset, the product is not living up to my expectations and as such I am highly disappointed."

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issue here too.

Got the headset today - decided to plug in the USB Dongle and turn on the headset without installing the drivers and it worked fine.

I then decided to go to the Corsair Website and download the official drivers, followed the instructions of restarting my PC, (I didn't notice the sound was gone yet). I then downloaded the 1.1 EQ Profile Update, removed the USB Dongle as advised for the install. I thought everything was fine.....

So...I started up an FPS and suddenly noticed the sound was gone! Whats more, I'm also experiencing the "same issue" with flash player videos running extremely slow now because of this.

I've already sent Corsair a Tech Support mail about the issue.

I've also attempted the "Pairing" solution in the FAQs but still no success.

Any ideas? Not thrilled about having to let the battery drain out on the headset OR returning to the reseller since it took 5 days delivery in the first place!

I'm also experiencing the "same issue" with flash player videos running extremely slow now because of this.

Just an extra bit of Info, the browser I'm using is Google Chrome, and I've reverified that the videos are running terrible frame rates again by checking to see was it happening on NetFlix, and I'm afraid its also happening here too so its not just a YouTube website issue.

I was having the same issues described in this thread (I lost count of how many driver install/uninstall cycles I did). When I moved the dongle out of a USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port the software began working properly (I had sound on USB 3.0 with the default windows drivers just not the Corsair ones). I tried placing it in my second USB 3.0 slot and had the issue immediately reoccur. Moving it back to a USB 2.0 port resolved the issue again. This leads me to conclude the Corsair software is not currently compatible with USB 3.0, which hopefully will be fixed in a future update as USB 3.0 ports become more common.

Hopefully this will assist some of you other people with this issue, as I know I was starting to get very frustrated myself. :)

Best of luck!

Archived