Corsair Community

Commander Pro - Performance Tab disapeared from iCUE

Joey22688

I just installed the commander pro about a day ago and everything was working fine, I have 6 3pin fans hooked up to it and set a custom fan curve and everything worked fine.

I also have the 3 SP120 RGB fans hooked up the hub than to the commander pro for rgb control which also works fine.

Today however the performance tab disappeared from the iCUE software, I did a restart of iCUE, restarted the service, did a full PC restart and nothing. Every so often the Performance tab will pop up for a few seconds with 1-4 fans displayed than disappear again.

All 6 fans are running currently, but revving up and down due to the default fan curve.

SAqm4SC.png

tR7lMyj.png

Just a small update, I installed the commander pro into a different pc (10+ year old htpc) just to test it.

It never had any corsair software on it and the performance tab showed up fine with no problems after an install of icue.

I moved it back to my main pc and even switched the internal usb port it was on and it's still missing. So something going on with the software rather than hardware or the commander pro itself.

Well I fixed it.

I tried doing a fresh install mentioned above (saved my profiles the first time and still nothing), tried the a free reinstall (erased all my user settings and profile) and still doing the same thing. Removed the SP RGB fan hub from the commander pro and no change.

Tried all the different fans, one at a time ect and no change.

And finally the only cause I could think of why it didn't work on this machine while it worked on the other was the SATA power connector coming off the PSU.

I just switched to a different connector and it works now, I never used that connector before so i'm guessing it was shorting something even though all the fans were still powered on. Just seems odd it worked for a day or so on that connector and then it didn't anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Well its doing it again, I got a 3 pack of LL fans and installed them hooked them up to the commander pro which only had a single 3 pin fan for the last couple of weeks.

Unhooked the 3 pin changed the commander pro settings to 4 pin and the tab disappeared again but now it doesnt show up on a different sata cable or even right now I have it running off a different psu just to test and the tab is there but its extremly buggy, detecting fans that arnt there, saying fans are running at 12k rpm, when only 2 fans are on it

xZ6KgV8.png

here are the log files

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jp4a90

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue...

performance tab blinks in...

2 fans of the 4 show up... yes all ML 120's no other fans in system

2 other fans show up

12k speed on one

2 fans blink out

Performance tab disappears.....

Cycle repeats.... and all fans are running highspeed... not quiet.

When i reboot - before the driver loads.... all is quiet and normal... driver loads and then the fans speed up and the iCUE software starts the cycle of tab appearing then disappearing over and over

So far the worst software in this category I have ever dealt with in 3 decades of computing.

I to am having the exact same issue has the other two posts. Performance tab comes and goes, mostly goes. Tried all different scenarios, restart services, reinstalling...nothing. The voltages show zero has well on the Commander Pro tab. Strange. I wish I could go back to Link but link can’t control RAM rgb. Sincerely wish Corsair was as good at developing software as they were the hardware.

Nope, just HWiNFO and MSI Afterburner

I shut them off and it still doing it, glad to see im not the only one its happening too.

HWiNFO is a monitoring tool that reads everything, including the Commander Pro. It is possible to run them at the same time, but you need the portable version of HWiNFO and you need to disable monitoring of Commander Pro, Corsair i cooler, or any other Corsair hardware device.

Afterburner has never been a problem and at least half of us use it all the time.

HWiNFO seems to be it, shut if off, plugged in the commander and a few fans and everything was going fine, start HWiNFO and everything goes nuts, fans disappear, 12k rpm, ect..

shut hwinfo back down and restart the icue service and its back to normal, at least for the last 5 mins or so of testing.

What settings do you need to disable to allow them to work together?

Using the portable version of HWiNFO64 v6.00

• 1 month later...
HWiNFO seems to be it, shut if off, plugged in the commander and a few fans and everything was going fine, start HWiNFO and everything goes nuts, fans disappear, 12k rpm, ect..

shut hwinfo back down and restart the icue service and its back to normal, at least for the last 5 mins or so of testing.

What settings do you need to disable to allow them to work together?

Using the portable version of HWiNFO64 v6.00

I'm having the same issue. I'm running EVGA Precision X1 to bottleneck my CPU at 78C so it doesn't get too hot, and HWINFO is also setup to shutdown my computer if any CPU cores or the GPU somehow get to 85C. There's no way in hell i'm stopping either of those programs, unless ICUE introduces the same functionality.

Please fix ICUE to not conflict with these critical monitoring tools. They play nice together and there is no reason why ICUE shouldn't as well.

Please fix ICUE to not conflict with these critical monitoring tools. They play nice together and there is no reason why ICUE shouldn't as well.

Actually, you need to configure HWInfo not to conflict by disabling Corsair Link support in HWInfo. That's where the conflict comes in - HWInfo is reading from the Corsair devices. All of these devices run in "Highlander Mode" - there can only be a single application accessing them at a time.

This has been discussed many, many, many, many times on this forum.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, you need to configure HWInfo not to conflict by disabling Corsair Link support in HWInfo. That's where the conflict comes in - HWInfo is reading from the Corsair devices. All of these devices run in "Highlander Mode" - there can only be a single application accessing them at a time.

This has been discussed many, many, many, many times on this forum.

Got it, thank you. As long as it's somehow possible that's all that matters!

Don't suppose you or someone could guide me through setting up Commander Pro fan curves to follow GPU temps as I'm not using thermal sensors?

And also if it's possible to setup a notification to auto-shutdown computer if CPU/GPU temps go too high (EVGA GPU)?

I saw that's auto shutdown is easy to setup for the H150i Pro but can't figure out how/if possible to setup C/GPU that way. Would be great if so then I wouldn't even need HWInfo

For the Commander Pro, just create a custom fan curve. Set the sensor that it's based on (it's in a drop-down at the top of the curve configuration graph) to your GPU.

As for shutdown based on CPU/GPU ... those aren't available for notifications, sadly.

Archived