Corsair Community

H100i USB Drivers Not Installing (Error Code:43) / H100i Not Working in Corsair Link

Blackout STi

So I have the H100i Installed in my case. It's pumping, fans are working and it seems like everything is normal- except the USB connectivity via Corsair Link.

I have seen other threads where some people have seen the H100i register in Corsair Link, but then not show up after restart. This is not the issue I am having. Mine hasn't connected since I first powered the machine on. This is a fresh build and the unit was mounted before an OS was ever installed.

I am using Corsair Link v2.7.5361 in Windows 7 Ultimate. It is plugged into the CPU Fan port on my motherboard (ASUS Maximus VII Hero) and to a USB 2.0 connector on the motherboard. I followed the instructions to the "T".

I have read that there was an issue with the AI Suite (in my case AI Suite III). This was awhile ago though. And there has been a few releases of Link since the posts I read. Also, I saw someone mention making sure to have the Intel USB 3.0 drivers installed before attempting to install the H100i.

I'm not sure if any or all of these things could be the issue, but something is making the USB drivers install (when I unplug the mini USB from the block then plug it back in). I get windows driver install error code 43.

Note: I used the disc that came with the motherboard to install it's drivers. I'm going to try installing the most recent drivers on a fresh Windows install next...

Any ideas? Again, I have read many posts about this issue, but they seem to be different then mine.

How to remedy this issue:

*1) I uninstalled ASUS ROG GameFirst III because no matter what I did, it would run at startup (which is when Windows kept trying to install the USB Drivers). I thought this may have been disrupting the driver installation (since there was no internet connection).

2) Moved the connector to a different USB header on the motherboard.

The above may be completely irrelevant because I think what actually fixed this was what comes later...

3) Disabled 'Legacy USB 2.0 Support' in the BIOS (I didn't notice at first that this is listed as a known issue with Z97 boards).

Quick note here: After doing this and rebooting- nothing changed.

4) Inserted my ASUS Maximus VII Hero installation disc and reinstalled the 'Intel USB 3.0 Drivers'.

I know for a fact that I installed these when I first booted up this rig. However, I think the trick was disabling the legacy usb 2.0 support (Step #3) AND reinstalling the Intel usb 3.0 drivers.

So, in short, disable legacy 2.0 support in your BIOS, then reinstall Intel 3.0 drivers if you are having this issue and are running a Z97 chipset.

Hope this helps some newb like me!

So I have the H100i Installed in my case. It's pumping, fans are working and it seems like everything is normal- except the USB connectivity via Corsair Link.

I have seen other threads where some people have seen the H100i register in Corsair Link, but then not show up after restart. This is not the issue I am having. Mine hasn't connected since I first powered the machine on. This is a fresh build and the unit was mounted before an OS was ever installed.

I am using Corsair Link v2.7.5361 in Windows 7 Ultimate. It is plugged into the CPU Fan port on my motherboard (ASUS Maximus VII Hero) and to a USB 2.0 connector on the motherboard. I followed the instructions to the "T".

I have read that there was an issue with the AI Suite (in my case AI Suite III). This was awhile ago though. And there has been a few releases of Link since the posts I read. Also, I saw someone mention making sure to have the Intel USB 3.0 drivers installed before attempting to install the H100i.

I'm not sure if any or all of these things could be the issue, but something is making the USB drivers install (when I unplug the mini USB from the block then plug it back in). I get windows driver install error code 43.

Note: I used the disc that came with the motherboard to install it's drivers. I'm going to try installing the most recent drivers on a fresh Windows install next...

Any ideas? Again, I have read many posts about this issue, but they seem to be different then mine.

I had the same problem and I Installed the 5339 version then the 5361. The version 5339 detect my usb connection and installed the driver. Then update to the 5361 via corsair link. it work for me. ;):

Archived