Corsair Community

200mm fan modded with RGB - Pictures Inside!

So I've had my Corsair 600T forever now and love it. Its built like a tank which is great since I have young kids running around. For my new build I wanted to go RGB all the way! Of course I was disappointed to find out that Corsair doesn't make any 200mm fans, and even at that, no one makes RGB 200mm either!

My RGB dreams were dashed. I have four fans and I wanted them to be all RGB HD style! So... interestingly enough my 200mm fan (no longer the stock one) was clear! So I measured its circumference and two Corsair RGB strips would work perfectly. So I put them on with the lights facing in and low and behold it worked! In fact it worked so well its quite comparable to my HD120 RGBs! Sorry for the potato quality just wanted to share quickly.

HUu1u7E.jpg

TydBwaq.jpg

Edited by Sumidian

• 6 months later...

Wouldnt work/sync with Corsair's RGB software though would they :(

I'm sure you now know that there 'are' 200mm RGB fans out there for sale? Start with Cooler Master and work your way back to Corsair. You'll find them.

AWESOME work buddy!! looks sweet

So I put them on with the lights facing in and low and behold it worked! In fact it worked so well its quite comparable to my HD120 RGBs! Sorry for the potato quality just wanted to share quickly.

HUu1u7E.jpg

TydBwaq.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hey Mate, did you ever find any 200mm RGB fans that would work with your Corsair setup? I am now in the market for a pair of 200mm RGB fans myself that will work and/or controlled by Corsair iCue Software. Presently, I am utilizing Corsair iCue Software & Gigabyte RGBFusion 2.0 to get my entire setup to match colors and/or style. Did you find a workaround? Please let us all know as there are 100's of people asking the same question.

Thank you kindly Mate