Corsair Community

Issue with Commander Pro & SP120 RGB fans

kevlah

Good Morning (Very early 00:30 :biggrin:)

This is my first post so take it easy on me.

I have recently upgraded alot of my things from being mix brand to basically going all over to corsair products, with the latest installment being my 570x case and 3 extra SP120 RGB fans and a commander pro. Now i have followed all instructions when it comes to the fans and the RGB side of thing from the RGb splitter hub (node pro i think its called) number them 1-6 and then connecting that to RGB header 1 on the commander pro and then the same again matching all the numbers 1-6 the same as before so RGB 1 is fan 1 and so and so forth.

Now i have installed it all and its picking it up in Icue and the RGB is looking sexy however i have a problem where the fan RPMs keep dropping down to 1300RPM from 1500RPM and i can hear it doing that at least once every 3-5 minutes and its annoying and concerning. I have read some posts on here that say make sure the fans under Icue > Settings > Commander Pro > Fan port #1 to #6 change from auto to 3-pin as this way it will be set as the correct connection it has something to do with DC or something like that and this has not made a difference, I have also tried hard flashing the commander pro as suggested as well and still the RPM goes from 1500 range down to 1300 range and back up again and is driving me nuts as i cant find the solution anywhere.

Please can someone shed some light on why this is happening and also its worth noting that i have the fan profiles set to Extreme as i stream and game alot on the same machine so like to have these going full wack most of the time so i dont have to worry about temps.

Are you running the fans on one of the default profiles?

The default Commander Pro profiles are based on CPU temps ... so they will be highly random. Modern CPUs bounce around temps during normal operation. You best option is to create a custom fan curve that's based on a temp that's a little more stable. Since you have temp sensors with the CoPro, these are logical (and appropriate) choices.

Archived