Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro with M2 SSD

vp2768

First time forum user here. I noticed there is a new Corsair One Pro configuration available that uses M2 SSD instead of SATA. I already have 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, so this configuration is very attractive since it allows me to use both SSDs without relying on external USB-SATA connection.

Does this new M2-based configuraiton have 2.5 SATA SSD slot available? Is there a bracket for SATA drive with SATA power and data cables prerouted that would make SATA SSD installation easy? I've never built a system myself, but if all the necessary cabling and bracket is already in place it sounds like somethign I could do by just inserting SATA drive and connecting cables. Would installing new SATA SSD void my warranty?

Thanks!

I am also considering a One Pro with the M.2 SSD configuration. Likewise, I am also interested in installing a secondary SSD I already own for that empty 2.5 bay. It is a dedicated game-only SSD drive I like to use for a select few heavily modded RPG games and keep seperate from the OS drive + any other applications/games.

I reviewed the warranty rules below with the concern in bold:

Exclusions

This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

* Wear and tear associated with normal use.

* Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair.

* Removal of serial number or regulatory labels.

* Any improper operation, including any use not in accordance with any supplied product instructions.

* Connection to any improper voltage supply.

* Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship.

Are customers granted permission via support to install an additional drive on their own without said action voiding warranty or is this simply not going to be allowed at all? Obviously, at the risk of voiding warranty, it is not worth opening the case. But for something like adding a 2.5 drive, it would be nice if support would work with customers. Is proving fault of damage to internal components by the customer the main issue here?

I built my old/current system and it has served me well but I am mainly interested in the One Pro's small size and form factor here. I've wanted a small but powerful machine and the One Pro seems to have some impressive engineering in cooling and noise for something of its size over other alternatives and builds. But the no trespassing inside case is a concern I just want to be sure about before making the $2500+ decision.

Archived