Corsair Community

H100 BROKE! RMA?!? Please Help!

midniteboss

Since last month, I've been using my H100 on my i7 3770k with a 4.5 ghz and its been running fine. Temperatures would never go over 75 after 5-6 hours of running prime95.

But when I turned on my computer today and checked my temperatures, I noticed that my idle temperatures were a bit too high on idle. Usually they sit at around 18-25 degrees Celsius but today this time they were sitting at around 35-42 degrees.

I checked all my cables and they were fine because I haven't even touched the thing in a month since I installed it and immediately overclocked it.

I decided to run prime95 and immediately my temperatures hit TJ Max and my system shut off.

I cleared my cmos and went back into windows and checked my temperatures again. Surprisingly they were still the same at idle.

So I decided to run prime95 once again and after 20 seconds, my temperatures reached 100 degrees so I exited prime quickly before I hit TJ Max again.

I turned off my system and uninstalled the h100 and checked the thermal paste and it was fine. I even tried reapplying a new set of thermal paste but it didn't solve the problem.

So I took the H100 out of my system and installed the intel heat sink.

When I turned on my computer to check temperatures, it was idling at around 24-30c which is really good for the intel heat sink.

I even ran prime95 and the highest temperatures it reached was 60-65 which is completely normal for the intel heat sink and I think that's even considered low in some cases as well.

So there is definitely a problem with the H100.

Im thinking that I just got unlucky.

I still have my receipt and the box that it came with so what can I do now?

Will you guys be able to replace the H100 with a new one if I ship it out to you? It was purchased on the 17th of August.

Thanks

Check the molex connection and the pump's RPM in the BIOS.

The 3-pin header should be plugged into the CPU_FAN header.

If it is, The BIOS should read the CPU_FAN RPM around 2000-2200RPM.

If it is under 2000RPM, request an RMA to replace the H100.

Yes, Corsair will send you a new unit to replace your faulty one.

If you need your H100 quickly, call customer service by phone and ask for a Advanced RMA. If you are outside US, You can use Skype to call Corsair's toll-free number.

Archived