Corsair Community

Control over individual LEDs in Vengeance Pro RAM with iCUE?

bgunn925

I haven't tried for myself, so someone please correct me if this statement is wrong, but based on the Youtube videos I've seen, it looks like iCUE doesn't actually allow you to control the individual LEDs in the Vengeance Pro RAM -- not even to set a different static color to each LED. It looks like the only way to utilize the new-and-improved addressable LEDs is through pre-defined effects.

Does anyone know if this is level of control is going to be added at some point?

I currently have Trident Z RGB RAM, but I picked up a Vengeance Pro replacement set, naively thinking I would have similar level of control over the LEDs as I do with the LL-series fans. I find most of the pre-defined time-dependent effects too obnoxious to use regularly, so I made my own cyan/purple wave (made from 8 gradient effects which cycle from cyan->purple->cyan, each 1/8th of a period out of phase with the next) that slowly flows over my fans/strips/kbm.

ASUS Aura allows me to set a static color to each of the addressable LEDs in the Trident Z RAM, which allows me to do this. I was hoping to be able to apply the same custom gradient effects to the Vengeance Pro that I have on my fans, but now it looks like not only is that not doable in iCUE, but I can't even set static colors, either. My only option to match this cyan/purple theme is to set all 10 LEDs to the same color, which is no better than the original Vengeance RGB RAM.

It seems like such a waste to include 10 addressable LEDs but to lock the user out of almost all control over them. At this point, it appears that ASUS Aura offers me a higher level of customization than iCUE. :sigh!:

Unless this feature is planned for the near future, it looks like I'm returning this shiny, new 4x8GB 3466MHz kit and sticking with my Trident Z :[pouts:

see it as hardware lighting vs software lighting...

SO..

when not enabled.. you lose layered effects. but gain what ever you apply when iCUE is NOT running. this has least effect on CPU usage

When enabled. you have full control but these effects are only in place when iCUE is running. this shows an increase in CPU usage.

you need a have effects set up for none full software controlled profiles and indeed sull software controlled profiles if that makes sense...

Archived