Corsair Community

Any news on the Corsair Link's completely new software?

GTXJackBauer

The current plan is to launch sometime early next year, which isn't that far away. I can't give any more details than that.

Well that's unfortunate because that puts me in a bind. I figured we'd know something by now since its been said about it months ago. I need to know that it will work with everything but that is wishful thinking. Would have been great to know or even tested that it actually works as intended or I'll have no choice but to use up lots of funds to purchase a working PWM monitoring and controlling product that isn't so cheap. I've already spent $150+ to the elephant in the room LINK. Now I might be spending just over $300 to get what I exactly purchased here to do 4 years ago to get my water pumps, flow meter, fans, etc to be controlled instead of just being monitored.

If you can ask or get your superiors to send over some information, that will ease the pain.

The current plan is to launch sometime early next year, which isn't that far away. I can't give any more details than that.

Does CL4 correctly implement the Global\Access_CorsairLink named mutex to interlock access to CL hardware?

Does it include updated CLCC firmware what addresses any (ideally all) of the issues?

Is there a CL4 beta release available for external beta testers please?

• Corsair Employee
Does CL4 correctly implement the Global\Access_CorsairLink named mutex to interlock access to CL hardware?

My understanding is that it implements something similar.

Does it include updated CLCC firmware what addresses any (ideally all) of the issues?

That's a whole separate battle.

Is there a CL4 beta release available for external beta testers please?

Not yet.

My understanding is that it implements something similar.

Thank you for the update.

For all of CL, AIDA64, HWiNFO and SIV to report CL hardware at the time same time that all need to use the same regime. Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=729115 I proposed Global\Access_CorsairLink long belore CL4. Why can't it use this?

Again the CL developers need to work with the AIDA64, HWiNFO and SIV developers. As far as I know they are not doing this.

• 3 months later...
So, CL4 is here and I guess that leaves a question hanging. Can SIV now interlock CL hardware access to CL4?

At this point, I don't even care. CL4 has been just as non-functional on my system as CL3 and most versions of CL2 were. CL4 either crashes immediately upon launch, or it launches but fails to detect ANY hardware whatsoever on my system. I give up.

So, CL4 is here and I guess that leaves a question hanging. Can SIV now interlock CL hardware access to CL4?

The simple answer is no :nono:, but things are never simple :[pouts:.

Yesterday I received the NDA information I need to implement this :praise:, but because this information is NDA clearly I can't say why SIV is still unable to interlock CL hardware access with CL 4.2.0.162. I am working with Corsair to resolve the issue and hope this will be possible with a future CL4 release :nodding:.

AIDA64 and HWiNFO are also currently unable to interlock CL hardware access with CL3/CL4, though all of three of AIDA64, HWiNFO and SIV still happily interlock CL hardware when CL is not active :biggrin:.

As you can see below I can get CL 4.2.0.162 and SIV to play nicely :sunglasse, but there are technical aspects that need to be addressed :nodding:.

In my testing I noted that CL4 reports the incorrect Xeon E5-2696 v2 (Ivy Bridge-EP) package temperature :sigh!:. All of AIDA64, HWiNFO and SIV report the same so I expect CL4 is incorrect.

Corsair, Is this a known issue please?

I find the CL4 core ordering rather irksome :rant2:

attachment.php?attachmentid=24469&stc=1&d=1456501132

attachment.php?attachmentid=24467&stc=1&d=1456491381

attachment.php?attachmentid=24470&stc=1&d=1456501585

1775265924_SIVandHWiNFOReporttheSame.thumb.png.c3fad3a87de12a83f4348de8ecbf87f4.png

1207871109_CL4andSIVPlayingNicely.thumb.png.c2492fce71706db6cc8da69c61fe3671.png

1205719820_SIVandAIDA64ReporttheSame.png.b3a5a63001e26f905ce1514923047701.png

At this point, I don't even care. CL4 has been just as non-functional on my system as CL3 and most versions of CL2 were. CL4 either crashes immediately upon launch, or it launches but fails to detect ANY hardware whatsoever on my system. I give up.

Sounds like you are in a much worse place than I am. I wish I could help, but I can't. Mind you, this sounds a bit extreme even for CL. I guess you are confident that the rest of your system is in good order? I thought so!

The simple answer is no :nono:, but things are never simple :[pouts:.

Yesterday I received the NDA information I need to implement this :praise:, but because this information is NDA clearly I can't say why SIV is still unable to interlock CL hardware access with CL 4.2.0.162. I am working with Corsair to resolve the issue and hope this will be possible with a future CL4 release :nodding:.

AIDA64 and HWiNFO are also currently unable to interlock CL hardware access with CL3/CL4, though all of three of AIDA64, HWiNFO and SIV still happily interlock CL hardware when CL is not active :biggrin:.

Thanks, Red-Ray. I rather feared there would be an answer along those lines. I hope you have success with Corsair on resolving this issue.

Archived